Oct 30, 2008
www.youtube.com
This is a false shuffle i created
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnBmXln_YD4

Questions.

Did i create this?
Does it look good?
Is it too obvious?

I have used this in performance many times and although it might seem obvious to you (idk if it does) it definitely doesn't to laymen. It is supposed to be a false shuffle that looks completely average and natural.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

JP,

This is very similar to some of the blind overhand shuffles in Expert At The Card Table, though you are using a different, and honestly inferior, move to retain the packet. I suggest you check out that book if you are interested in this kind of shuffle.

Good work for coming up with it though man.

C

Jun 24, 2008
I use this in card games all the time. I think it's an alright move, however the more astute pupil will undoubtedly spot it, I remember reading this in something while discussing shifts.
Good job=]

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
not that i'm doubting your creativity. however, there's a pretty long history in card slight of hand. books and books have been written on false shuffles and other slights. i'm not writing this to discourage you from creating your own methods. i want to encourage you to invest in some books such as Expert At The Card Table, The Royal Road to Card Magic, and Expert Card Technique just to name a few. so that it can help you learn the slights properly, and also you will have a even better foundation for creating new moves and such. keep up the good work!.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results