Awkward situations in magic? - I have been accused of a drug dealer...

Right... Mention your awkward and most difficult situations you have been in.

Mine happened not long ago... And I thought I was going to get in trouble. I was performing at a lounge bar, I was getting great reactions, lots of people wanted me to do my routines. So I was going everywhere performing at this lounge. One of my effects involves an ITR and in one of my effects it snapped... It was fine, I can over come mistakes like this easily, and I carried on to amaze.

Obviously I needed to go somewhere to re-set the ITR, so I went to the toilet, I was blowing and sucking away down the tube.

Then the next minute I hear from the cubicle next to me: "Mate what you got? Can you sort me some?" ... I paused for a moment wondering who he was talking to, I said: "Huh?", and he said: "yeah sort us some out mate, I know what you are doing"...

At this point I rushed out the cubicle and just didn't bother using the ITR for the whole night, but he actually thought I was doing drugs in the toilet... It was pretty awkward I tell you!

Anyway, I just wondered what magic related things have left you in hard situations?

Aug 5, 2008
I was performing an effect of which the plot is similar to Paul Harris' Cellmate to a group of people at a wine party, and after the handphone number reveal, this girl went, "Oh my God, that's just crazy!" And at first I thought she was just reacting to the effect. She proceeded to grab my phone, which I had left on the table, whilst still ringing, and she said something about how in the world her phone could have transposed to the table.

She started going through my personal photos, texts and I would have thought it wouldn't have taken much to realise it wasn't her phone, but she went through what seemed like everything, and then she exclaimed, "Wait, this isn't my phone!"

I keep quite a lot of personal items in my phone, so I was rather upset about it. Thankfully, it was my closing effect, and a day after that, she sent me a text. I ignored it.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
I was Performing Pressure And I Got A Crowd. A Police Officer At My School Told Me To Come Into His Office. He Sat Me Down And They Searched My Back Pack For Anymore Balloons. I said "What's The Problem?" He Said I Could Possibly Be Fined $500.00 I Said "EXCUSE ME!:eek::eek::eek:" He Said That I Was Causing An Extreme Disruption during School. (There Was A Fancier Name For It But I Don't Remember) So He Started To Fill out A Report And I Had To Give Him All My Information. I Said "Can I At Least Show You What I Was Doing?" He Says "Fine." So I Showed Him Pressure, And He Flipped Out! He Said "Okay That Was Really Cool... I'll Tell You What, Just Cause a Big Scene and We'll forget this ever Happend." I Said THANK YOU!!!!!!" And So I Got Out There As Fast As I Could lol

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I was out in Dallas out performing for the love of it.
I had set-up a healed and sealed situation so I asked a group of college kids(mix of guys and girls) if someone had quarters for a drink from the machine.They said "sorry i only have blah blah" .
I looked around and found an empty soda can on the ground and told them "well,maybe I can just bring this back to its original state..."
Then Bam! Bam! I had a full coke. Since I performed it in a nonchalant kind of manor there was alot of silence and just a few "what the..." and "oh christ did you see that?" whispers.
And then one of the guys said "hey! I know you! your that guy from youtube! that asian dude!"
A few other of his friends chimed in agreement and figured out my name "cyril".
I told them that no I wasnt him.But they wouldnt accept it.They said "aww whatever man,dont lie!Cant believe your here in the states!!"
Looking back now I did resemble him a bit.My family and friends say we have similar features.Especially when I dont shave.And it doesnt help that we have (in most videos) a similar hairstyle.

Okay, so here's what happened, I was performing tagged for some of my friends, and so (by the way, tagged is a trick where the spectator stops on a page and remember the word and it appears on their arm) (I believe it is available on ellusionist) (though I don't go to ellusionist anymore) and for some reason I chickened out and I made the word appear on my arm. He stopped at the page, and then I said let me check, I rolled up my sleeve and the word was there. "curious". The reactions were still great though.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
A similar drug-type thing happened with me setting up Flow in a bathroom stall.

Also, I was performing magic for someone, and at one point during the effect made a joke. The spectator I was performing for found this joke immensely funny, and started laughing uncontrollably. Suddenly, mucus shot out of his nose and went EVERYWHERE, all down his shirt and face. He suddenly curled up and ran as fast as he could to a bathroom. I didn't know what to say.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Mine happened not long ago... And I thought I was going to get in trouble. I was performing at a lounge bar, I was getting great reactions, lots of people wanted me to do my routines. So I was going everywhere performing at this lounge. One of my effects involves an ITR and in one of my effects it snapped... It was fine, I can over come mistakes like this easily, and I carried on to amaze.

Obviously I needed to go somewhere to re-set the ITR, so I went to the toilet, I was blowing and sucking away down the tube.

Then the next minute I hear from the cubicle next to me: "Mate what you got? Can you sort me some?" ... I paused for a moment wondering who he was talking to, I said: "Huh?", and he said: "yeah sort us some out mate, I know what you are doing"...

At this point I rushed out the cubicle and just didn't bother using the ITR for the whole night, but he actually thought I was doing drugs in the toilet... It was pretty awkward I tell you!

I found that story hilarious! Thanks for sharing :D

Dec 30, 2008
Well I was doing magic at the mall near my house about 2 months ago and whenever I did a trick a guy in the crowd that had gathered around me would do the same thing! He did it twice. With the biddle trick and a trick I use the classic color change with. It was really akward after he did them so I tried to think of something he wouldn't be able to do. Luckily I had set up tagged earlier. So I did tagged and pointed at a girl who had went over by the guy to see his tricks. She looked at her arm and the guy just ran. the crowd loved it after that. :D

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
lol Matt! xP

This happened to a friend of mine who works at the local magic shop...

He was asked to cast a love spell on the girl this guy was in love with, because she was going to marry another man.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results