B4 Cut

Aug 6, 2008
So I recently made a couple purchases on theory 11, one of them being the B4 cut. Now I am a beginner in cardistry, xcm, or if you call it flourishing. I wanted to get this because it looked really awesome. Now before you buy this remember you are not Andrei Jikh. This is not to put anyone down by saying you wont learn it. Just saying it will take ALOT of time. I got it 2 days ago and it is extremely difficult. I had no other flourishing expirence. But in these 2 days i have gotten it to where i can do the 1st phase except the thumb part.

Quality- The video quality was nice. No complaints there.

Teaching- BEWARE he is LEFT Handed. I did not know this before I bought it, this is probably my fault because I didnt do much searching on it , and just bought it in the moment. This was a turn off for me it was really annoying... But I got over it. If your set on learning this move you will get over it. It takes some time. Andrei goes over the moves really well neatly explained. And they have slow motion and over the shoulder views which helps. Now you will have to rewind countless times. In my opinion it was ok, the B4 cut seemed rushed, didnt really go as in depht as it could of on each of the moves.

All in all it was a good purchase, but I would defenitely not recommend to a beginner.

Also be prepared to throw your cards, as practing is was very fustrating for me. Cards would fall all over the place and sometimes i would just get fed up and be like **** it and throw the cards. But the satisfaction you get when you understand and can do a move is the greatest feeling ever. When I got the first phase down( still dont have it fluid but like the mechanics and could execute it) i felt like I truly accomplished something great. I practice all the time. So be prepared to put alot of practice in. I look at the trailer and other Andrei Jikh stuff and am just like damn....too good.

Also if anyone can help, on the thumb show, where you balance the card on your thumb it just wont stay put. Any tips?

Thanks

Apr 20, 2010
For the future, almost every media player (including the wonderful and free VLC player, which I recommend to all because it has codecs for almost any file you can throw at it) has an option to flip the video so you're seeing him "right handed." Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of the known magicians/flourishers are left handed? Maybe left handed people use a 3d comprehending side of their brain more so than right handed people.

Jan 30, 2010
Tusk, North Carolina
Try using a deck like Arrcos or Wynns, they seem to stick better. I used to have the same problem, but the main thing I can tell you is to just practice sticking a single card to you thumb until you get a feel for the right amount of pressure for it to stick, after that you can play around with it until you get used to the move. It will also be easier if the air around you is humid

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Hey!

Thanks for the review, I appreciate it. The B4 is not particularly difficult to do, the majority of that difficulty is attributed to the fact that I'm left handed and it becomes very frustrating to follow for sure. (especially something like the multiple packet B4)

In any case, I have a few minutes to help you out on skype. Just PM me and I'll be glad to give you my contact info. Definitely don't want you thinking I wasn't thorough enough!

I didn't think it was rushed at all. Cardistry doesn't need to be /too/ detailed, the more plain it is, the more style you put into it. To be it wasn't that difficult, maybe its because your a total beginner at this. Which makes sense.

In regards to the left handed teaching. I actually handle a deck of cards as if I were a left hander, but I'm actually right (ambidextrous?) and I have to learn everything back to front. ;) Its a nice change to learn something from a left hander.

J.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results