back to life

Sep 2, 2007
No, but I think I know the effect you're talking about.

Yeah, me too.

I'm impressed as they are only a few magician savants out there, who can resurrect life.

I, currently, am practicing to focus my chi into bringing back life, but, until then, the song will have to do because I am entomophobic (I am scared of insects) so I'm trying to bring back the dead, which for me has only occured in the movies that I have seen - not in my performances.

How did you perform it?

Cheers,
JTM

Yeah, me too.

I'm impressed as they are only a few magician savants out there, who can resurrect life.

I, currently, am practicing to focus my chi into bringing back life, but, until then, the song will have to do because I am entomophobic (I am scared of insects) so I'm trying to bring back the dead, which for me has only occured in the movies that I have seen - not in my performances.

How did you perform it?

Cheers,
JTM

well,

my brother is kind of into magic, more flourishing. but you know how you can appreciate a trick more sometimes because you know how it was done and the skill involved? like if you do an effect for another magician.
so anyway my brother is outside leaning against the wall, and i walked outside with this dead, lifeless fly on my palm. i said to him, "hey look i caught a fly, look how big it is" (it was pretty big) he was like "yeah, well done."

i then closed my eyes and cupped my other hand over it. and just focussed my energy. after a bit i opened my eyes and he was looking at me strangely and asked me "what are you doing?"
i un-cupped my hands and said "focusing my energy" the fly was still dead, i shook my hand around a bit and it just rolled around my palm. i cupped my other hand over it again and started focusing my energy. a little more time passed with his interest building.
i then opened my hands again only this time the fly was standing up, although still not moving. i closed my hands again and a soft buzzing sound emanated from within, i opened them again to show the fly, and said watch, and just gently jerked my hand making the fly lift off my hand. naturally it flew away, to live another day.

he couldn't believe it. he told me it was just a trick, that i must have switched the fly's, all this stuff. i just handed him one of my martial arts philosophy books on tai-chi and told him to read it. and learn to focus his energy. by the way mid performance i was talking about how people focus their energy, etc

it was the first time i'd tried it, and it's had a profound effect on my brother. he just can't believe it's possible and can't comprehend a method.

hope that helps

Sep 2, 2007
well,

my brother is kind of into magic, more flourishing. but you know how you can appreciate a trick more sometimes because you know how it was done and the skill involved? like if you do an effect for another magician.
so anyway my brother is outside leaning against the wall, and i walked outside with this dead, lifeless fly on my palm. i said to him, "hey look i caught a fly, look how big it is" (it was pretty big) he was like "yeah, well done."

i then closed my eyes and cupped my other hand over it. and just focussed my energy. after a bit i opened my eyes and he was looking at me strangely and asked me "what are you doing?"
i un-cupped my hands and said "focusing my energy" the fly was still dead, i shook my hand around a bit and it just rolled around my palm. i cupped my other hand over it again and started focusing my energy. a little more time passed with his interest building.
i then opened my hands again only this time the fly was standing up, although still not moving. i closed my hands again and a soft buzzing sound emanated from within, i opened them again to show the fly, and said watch, and just gently jerked my hand making the fly lift off my hand. naturally it flew away, to live another day.

he couldn't believe it. he told me it was just a trick, that i must have switched the fly's, all this stuff. i just handed him one of my martial arts philosophy books on tai-chi and told him to read it. and learn to focus his energy. by the way mid performance i was talking about how people focus their energy, etc

it was the first time i'd tried it, and it's had a profound effect on my brother. he just can't believe it's possible and can't comprehend a method.

hope that helps

Thanks. Very nice effect and performance.

I've seen David Blaine perform it, but I'm not sure if its suited for the street. It might be odd performing it because what kind of guy walks around with a dead bug with him. (I don't know how it is in Australia, but if I saw a guy walking around with dead bugs, I would run the other way.:D)

If you have any tips for bringing back Elvis or Tupac, let me know.:D

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
Interesting.
I never actually thought of using chi in magic.
Thanks for the idea.

I haven't really met anyone else who could focus
their chi like that.
I'm not really that good, but I try :)

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado

I've seen David Blaine perform it, but I'm not sure if its suited for the street. It might be odd performing it because what kind of guy walks around with a dead bug with him. (I don't know how it is in Australia, but if I saw a guy walking around with dead bugs, I would run the other way.:D)

Cheers,
JTM

It can be done on the streets.
Or so I've heard... ;)

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia

Cheers,
JTM
No one in Australia walks around with a buch of dead bugs. I would run the other way to. As for bringing back Elvis or Tupac or your dead cat I have no idea. I anyone does please PM me and we'll refine the work and sell it here on Theory11. :D

i guess, i did it to my brother who was out the front, near the street. but if you know how to do this, then you probably wouldn't do it as 'street magic'.
I didn't know Tai Chi involved kitchen appliances? :D
Yeah I know how the effect is done. It's not impromptu. About 5 minutes set-up -- if you're quick.

No one in Australia walks around with a buch of dead bugs. I would run the other way to. As for bringing back Elvis or Tupac or your dead cat I have no idea. I anyone does please PM me and we'll refine the work and sell it here on Theory11. :D

I didn't know Tai Chi involved kitchen appliances? :D
Yeah I know how the effect is done. It's not impromptu. About 5 minutes set-up -- if you're quick.

i found three minutes is good, but you're teetering on exposure there my friend, watch your step.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Ha ha you wouldn't carry the fly around with you and just walk up to someone on the street, instead you'd place the fly somewhere just before performing

Ive never done the fly resurrection before but part of that is because I don't think bringing a fly back looks too impressive, and also because of the set-up
I mean many people don't like fly's anyway and even though your performng a miracle... I just don't think it's that good

Well done though as it seemed to work for you... and the way you performed it was nice, and the reason you gave being about chi energy etc so you have that going for you

Ha ha you wouldn't carry the fly around with you and just walk up to someone on the street, instead you'd place the fly somewhere just before performing

Ive never done the fly resurrection before but part of that is because I don't think bringing a fly back looks too impressive, and also because of the set-up
I mean many people don't like fly's anyway and even though your performng a miracle... I just don't think it's that good

Well done though as it seemed to work for you... and the way you performed it was nice, and the reason you gave being about chi energy etc so you have that going for you

yeah, cheers

i don't like flies either, and this was a huge blow fly. i found it in my room, and so i thought why not try it out, so i 'killed' it and then brought it back to life outside, allowing it to fly away.

to bring something back from death is an actual miracle, fly or not it works better than you might think, remember an effect that seems mundane to you might be superb to your spectators. complicated is not always best.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
i guess, i did it to my brother who was out the front, near the street. but if you know how to do this, then you probably wouldn't do it as 'street magic'.

I don't think that it would be practical to do it as part of a street magic routine, but what you did is more practical.

Sep 2, 2007
i found three minutes is good, but you're teetering on exposure there my friend, watch your step.

I don't think so - First, you have to find a dead bug, which can be hard, depending on where you live :D. Then, some meditation is needed to focus one's chi. These two steps can take an excess of three minutes to three days to even three years. :D

I don't think that it would be practical to do it as part of a street magic routine, but what you did is more practical.

What kind of guy picks up dead bugs, dogs, skin cells, etc. off the street? Not someone whom I would want performing magic for me.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
i wonder if this method would work with my cat... hmmm or maybe even my brother. imagine how much your parents would flip if you showed them your "dead" brother and then brought him back to life. of course the "give him a dollar to shut up and lie still" method works great too. i'll experiment!:D

i wonder if this method would work with my cat... hmmm or maybe even my brother. imagine how much your parents would flip if you showed them your "dead" brother and then brought him back to life. of course the "give him a dollar to shut up and lie still" method works great too. i'll experiment!:D

actually i know a method to break a cat's neck, taught by penn and teller as a joke. it's pretty funny.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results