Balloon Swallowing... Best Balloons?

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I've tried playing with this trick and I had the same problem. I figured it's the balloons because the ones I got were quite cheap. I plan on buying higher quality ones, any suggestions? Thanks.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I am experiencing the same problem even with Qualatex balloons. After I set the balloon up and go to pump it....it pops every time. Someone PM me as well if you have pointers. Perhaps I need to adjust the set up. Thanks.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
The best thing to do is, after inflating it, let some air out as it removes pressure from the balloon itself. You could always put the business into the blunt end, but it does take a bit more force to swallow that way.

After I tie mine off, I will squeeze the end down a bit as well to relieve more pressure. Also don't let your balloons be subjected to extreme hot or cold. That can ruin them.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
A good idea is to have the balloon far up the pump enough to be able to grip over the magic fun place during inflation if that's where the issue is.

I've not tried the following, but I imagine you could do the set up after inflating the balloon using a small piece of tape already placed as per an older effect.

Might look a bit fiddly though - It's worth a play all the same!

D.

Also, use the darker colours of balloons. The darker colours are much stronger, so use dark blue instead of yellow for instance.

Also let some air out the balloon before you tie a knot, and make sure the balloons are fully latex.

The best brand out there for balloon modelling would be Qualatex.

I hope this helps you more.

DEEP By Justin Meitz

Hi Guys,

DEEP is now available on www.justinmeitz.com

We are signing DVD's which is nice for those that like that kind of thing. Murphy's just ordered their second batch as they sold out in the first week. So bear with them until they get stocked back up. If you have questions for us, please let us know. Thanks!
j

Qualitex balloons are the best. I keep my balloons in a cooler with some ice packs in the bottom. put the balloons on top and don't let them touch the ice packs. I've been a balloon artist for about 15 years and I RARELY have a balloon pop on me now. Any specific questions just pm me. Balloons and geek squad stuff are the only things I'm even half way good at.

Qualatex Sponsor

I am very luck to have Qualatex as a sponsor. It's sort of weird to say that, to be sponsored by a balloon company. But we support them and they support us and our new DVD DEEP. Good people!
j

Left Overs From Magic Castle

Hello Folks,

We have some left over copies of Alexander and DEEP from a book signing and show at Magic Castle a few weeks ago. There are only enough for 5 packages. Once they are gone they are gone! We are putting them together for $20. $10 for Alexander ($17.95 retail) and $10 for DEEP ($19.95 retail.) Please add $6 for shipping so a total of $26. Our paypal is justin@theamazingalexander.com

Please let us know who you would like the book & DVD to be made out to. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
j

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results