Battle forums, ignored?

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
does anyone else feel that the battle forums are being underused as of late? or is it just me. im going to laugh when this gets only 2 replies. look through and you will see none of them have over 10 replies.note im not complaining merely stating this.

ps. its not just these, the coin and cardistry also seem to be forgotten about.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
this has been for a while man, besides, the battles are not interesting anymore, there isnt much quality and most performances are for the webcam, people are looking for something diferent...

another point, you could try to hype the battles, I remember a battle not too long about betwen joshua and leon.... the thread got a lot of posts and views...its just hype:D

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
i know this has been going on for a while. i was just bringing it to attention. and like i said, its not just battles, this was just the first place that came to mind, the coins are probably the most ignored. some threads on the first page date back to december

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I think what would help hype up the Battles is for the T11 artists to battle too. Either to battle each other or other members.

Because that would be pretty fun! I know I would enjoy it!

Oct 28, 2007
this has been for a while man, besides, the battles are not interesting anymore, there isnt much quality and most performances are for the webcam, people are looking for something diferent...

another point, you could try to hype the battles, I remember a battle not too long about betwen joshua and leon.... the thread got a lot of posts and views...its just hype:D

i agree that the battles aren't interesting and they never were yeah there are like 1 or 2 good videos but most of them are lame preformances of them in front of there computer with there messy room in the background.

when the battle section was released i was so facinated but the quality and effort people put into them is pathetic they need to put some time into them go and shoot the vid somewhere cool and for the love of god do some editing!

that is something that annoy's me most of the battles have a rule where there can't be any editing that affects the trick but that doesn't mean they can't edit the video itself just make sure you see the actual effect clearly.

another thing about these battles is that most everyone that takes part in them have NO creativity, it is just oh hey lets do ANOTHER color change battle yay!!! people need to come up with battles that are interesting and will take some work i mean yeah if you want to do a color change battle for your first battle just to get used to it fine but come on.

these are just some things that annoy me about the battle section, it is a great area but nobody gives it the respect it deserves. i do go and watch the battles a lot hoping for a good video but i hardly ever vote unless the video deserves a vote.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
lame preformances of them in front of there computer with there messy room in the background.

hey man hey man my messy room feels hurt by that comment. But my performances arent lame man! NOT AS LAME AS YOURS! (hint: lets battle)

but back on topic. I find what mostly makes everyone pissed about the battles nowadays is that is is mostly a bunch of kids who keep buying the newest product and battling something from it. EG CLIP SHIFT BATTLE, TRILOGY BATTLE, TIVO 2.0!!!, etc.

But some of us actually want to see a good performance of tricks. It may not be original, but we still want to be entertained. Like when you watch Kev Ho perform on his youtube channel, you actually feel entertained. When you watch... some blacktiger69 kid, its just like "wtf is he doing".

by the way, vote here. its getting kinda boring
and one guy replied... comon..
http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=15256

Oct 28, 2007
hey man hey man my messy room feels hurt by that comment. But my performances arent lame man! NOT AS LAME AS YOURS! (hint: lets battle)

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=15256

:p i meant the preformance is lame becausee they are poor quality and boring to watch.

i would like to battle you but allas i don't have a camera yet, but i am saving up for an HD one but it might be awhile and i guarentee i will be battling trying to make it interesting.

Sep 1, 2007
I think what would help hype up the Battles is for the T11 artists to battle too. Either to battle each other or other members.

You're pitting guys with real world experience either against each other in mindless showdowns, or you have them out-magicking teenagers armed with a webcam and a pack of guardians.

Personally, I would rather duct tape my eyelids open, put my head in a vice, and be forced to watch Disaster Movie.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
You know what I'd like to see. A battle where instead of webcam stuff. We get people performing for live audiences. Then you can judge them on other stuff.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
You know what I'd like to see. A battle where instead of webcam stuff. We get people performing for live audiences. Then you can judge them on other stuff.

Then lets make something about it !!! gosh im tired of this threads...every 3 months someone cames and starts saying "hey why is the battle section so lonely ?" and everyone starts making suggestions, making harsh statements(*cough cough* ninja cough*) but nobody...nobody does a thing!!!! I mean come on, half of the people that posted here doesnt participate in the battles.... if you want some changes lets begin making them now,so.... lets continue making suggestions and then lets start aplying them.... BTW I agree with steerpike with his comment about the battles regarding artist...

I love you all guys :D

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I think its just that more people need to battle.
Right now its just the same few rotating.
If a big bunch of people battle, then the "good ones" will appear. Then people would want to try to beat the best. Then there will be a hiearchy of performers. Then we can really see who is the best and who isnt, rather than he battles most and he doesnt.

then from nowhere... a silent figure appears and challenges the master... (eerie music) and the MASTER GETS BEATEN! WHO IS THIS ANONYMOUS PERSON??? EVERYONE IS WONDERING!!!! blah blah blah.

now its like

magicboy1 beats magickid43. magic kid43 beats magicman2. rinse, lather, and repeat

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results