Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Get rid of it

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Don't care at all

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
As most of you may know, the the system has been on a steady decline towards uselessness. Even though there have been many attempts to improve it and bring it back to what it was supposed to be, none of these have seemed to work.

I was wondering how many of you think we should keep it or get rid of it all together. Now, that being said, I have no say in this and it may not change anything. This is just a question.

Please state your opinions below.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Haha, funny thing, i was thinking about making a poll like this yesterday, Didn't do it because of the same reason I just voted for..."I don't care anymore"

Please, dont start making threads about "polished routine battle" or "live performance battle"because nobody will actually do them, I assure you, I REALLY tried in the past, but it didnt work, people just like to be in their"comfort zone" (like steer said) and mediocre...No thanks, i'll pass.

Im really starting to get dissapointed of the whole theory 11 community (there are exceptions;))most of the users are guys that just like to see what's the "hot ztuff" of the moment, I really got dissapointed when me and other guys started the "Go_Out.Perform" thread, I thought that a lot of guys were going to like that and actually contribute with something(either submitting a video or criticising them) the whole thread was reduced to like 5 or 6 of us out of the WHOLE community actually discussing REAL LIFE PERFORMANCES with REAL PEOPLE, and learning from them.

The users in here doesnt have interest in learning magic and properly perform it, bunch of hypocrites, a lot of them talk a lot and in reality they are just saying nothing.

I dont want to sound emo but look at this way...

There are like 8 or 10 people in here that actually want to do decent battles and that actually care for the quality of what we are submitting.Now pit that against 10,000 other people that just want to look "cool" that want to be in the "firzt place" or that just doesnt care about this portion of the site....bad stuf indeed.

I just dont care anymore.

I have been doing magic for 6 years, but I know I am new to the forums. For that reason, I don't feel that I can vote, simply because I have not been here long enough to "earn" a vote in this matter. I mean, what do I know about it?

But for what its worth from a new guy, here my 2 cents:

I think it is great. Not many people battle, which would make it alot better, but voting on the videos has let me see some pretty great magic. It did not take me long to get involved in a battle of my own that I am excited about participating in. I like it, and would like to see it stay, but I think it needs more activity.

However, I am sure you forum veterans have different reasons for not liking it that I am not even aware of. Like I said, its just my opinion.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
I think it is great. Not many people battle, which would make it alot better, but voting on the videos has let me see some pretty great magic. It did not take me long to get involved in a battle of my own that I am excited about participating in. I like it, and would like to see it stay, but I think it needs more activity.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I know I've said it before, but the community is what you make of it. If you think the current number of live performances posted in the Battle section is lacking, take action. Go out there, perform, and - likewise - arrange some battles with members who take the art as seriously as you do.

That said, we're certainly not 'finished' with this area by any means (and definitely don't ever plan on 'dismantling the beast'). More to come in the future. As always, your opinions matter to us more than you know. Don't ever hesitate to contact me personally via PM with your thoughts, ideas, and input.

You guys rock!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results