Beginner Cardistry Trouble Shooting/Help with NB3?

Dec 10, 2013
Kansas
Hey guys! First off, thanks for reading my thread! Now on to my topic. I have been in to magic for a year or so now, but recently started to get in to cardistry. I learned a couple of quick simple little cuts, and a five packet variation of the sybil cut (which I was only able to learn with the assistance of rubber bands wrapped around the packets, although I can do it without them now). I have a big problem with packets not staying on my finger tips or staying together, a specially when rotating or flipping packets. For example, I saw NB3 by Chase Duncan and just had to purchase it. After a lot of practice I haven't been able to get down any of the three flourishes. I'm not one to give up, so i turned to the forums as a last resort. I have tried experimenting with packets sizes and the amount of pressure I apply and what not. I have also tried using several different types of cards (monarchs, fontaines, bikes, tally-ho's, ect...) And nothing seems to help. I just cant seem to "Get a grip" on cardistry (Pun intended hahaha). So if you have any advice for a beginner cardist, I'd love to here it! If not, I guess i'll just keep practicing! Thanks in advanced :)

Dec 30, 2013
I think you're moving too fast, NB3 has very complex or "advanced" material and if you get started in cardistry recently you should try to dominate the concepts of genesis and keep going!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results