Beginning in Cardistry

Nov 2, 2012
Hi guys, I'm trying to delve into the world of cardistry. I've been doing sleight of hand for awhile but I want to add something new. I know the Charlier Cut and I just learned the Sybil Cut, where should I head from where I am now?

Nov 1, 2012
I'm a beginner too so I can't really tell you where to go next, but from looking in other threads and forums I think most people will suggest you get a dvd. I can't remember which ones that where recommended though. I've just been searching you tube for any tutorials I can find...

Hot shot cut is fun, I found the tutorial on accident and I just couldn't stop practicing it. I find it oddly soothing, now that I can do it with some accuracy, to do it over and over whenever i'm watching a show or laying in bed and can't sleep.

Sep 16, 2012
germany
I would highly recommend genesis vol1. Great stuff and andrei is
a great teacher, he explains everything in detail and from different
angles.

Nov 4, 2012
I am also working through Genesis V1, it is great. Though I am having trouble with the thumb cut. I've been told to try using less cards which seems to be helping.

Oct 22, 2012
Dover, Tennessee
The molecule cut is one of my favorites. Learn everything that the Virts have to offer. They're amazing, and the card spring is taught in the most amazing detail, he covers everything. Basic card fans , false cuts, the deck flip, waterfall, under pressure, long dribbles (especially anaconda), and multi-pack displays are great and fun to do

Dec 24, 2012
My advice to all beginners is to learn something and take it back scale it down to its basic parts such as Sybil lets say z grip from there you can just add very simple easy things to turn it into spider cut or something else or better yet beginners learn something well no actually learn moves not necessarily an entire flourish and then put it together in steps or better yet let your creativity out and put moves together that weren't before or just through some random stuff together just mess around until u find something u like if u can't get a flourish one way alter it make it your own u can still accomplish they same look just diff moves such as pandora I found at first it was to hard so i altered it to a much easier break down of it so I could do it and then you'll find that becoming easy so then ramp it back up to the original then u have to diff looking flourishes but they are similar instead of one you have two so basically practicing in stages is the key as well as simplifying and simplicity remember simple is sometimes better not alway but sometimes sorry for the novel but I hope it helped

Oct 30, 2012
Genesis v1 and v2 are great, you should check those out. The trilogy is also a good place to start, and then you can add The System by Dan and Dave Buck.

I would also recommend revolution cut, scissor cut and hot shot cut. Revolution and Scissor cut are taught in Genesis v1 :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results