Bend vs The art of Mental Bending

Sep 25, 2018
what is the difference between both bending courses? One have an hour of instructions and the other have FOUR hours, but with similar prices. Which one is the best?

Both from Menny Lindenfeld

Aug 9, 2017
Well, I'm not sure what to say regarding the 4 hour one, but I just bought the hour long one this morning and thought it to be pretty cool, and would get some good reactions. Only issue I have is it might be just a tad underwhelming for the price, noting that it is $25 and has no items or gimmicks sent to you, just the video tutorial. Unfortunately I haven't seen the four hour one so I wouldn't know on that, but hope I could help!

Aug 9, 2017
Well based on what I've seen from the description, it teems that in the four hour video he explains more than just one magic trick for bending a spoon, more different kinds of things like coins and breaking etc. So really its up to whether you want to spend the extra $10 to learn with the other things, and personally I would go for it if you are in between them. Not saying that I didn't like the one I bought, but it just felt a tad but underwhelming at times and I wanted more.

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Well based on what I've seen from the description, it teems that in the four hour video he explains more than just one magic trick for bending a spoon, more different kinds of things like coins and breaking etc. So really its up to whether you want to spend the extra $10 to learn with the other things, and personally I would go for it if you are in between them. Not saying that I didn't like the one I bought, but it just felt a tad but underwhelming at times and I wanted more.

Why do you say this?

You want him to actually send you some spoons you could buy for $2 from a local store??

Have you done any metal bending or is this your first go?

Metal bending is in the realm of Mentalism - so if you’re looking for a self working effect/a trick you’re gonna be disappointed ...

It’s 90% acting and 10% effect...maybe even more

Aug 9, 2017
Why do you say this?

You want him to actually send you some spoons you could buy for $2 from a local store??

Have you done any metal bending or is this your first go?

Metal bending is in the realm of Mentalism - so if you’re looking for a self working effect/a trick you’re gonna be disappointed ...

It’s 90% acting and 10% effect...maybe even more

Yeah sure this is my first go at it and I understand the mentalism concept, I honestly just don't believe it is worth the $25 for a 90% acting trick. Sure I understand the effects behind it and the things you can practice and do to make it that much better, and 100% applaud the creator for coming up with it. Unlike you though, I was not a jerk about it and kindly stated my opinion on trying to help a guy. I don't see how your comment helped this guy in his question whatsoever.

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013
Yeah sure this is my first go at it and I understand the mentalism concept, I honestly just don't believe it is worth the $25 for a 90% acting trick. Sure I understand the effects behind it and the things you can practice and do to make it that much better, and 100% applaud the creator for coming up with it. Unlike you though, I was not a jerk about it and kindly stated my opinion on trying to help a guy. I don't see how your comment helped this guy in his question whatsoever.

How was I a jerk?

Jeepers some people over react

Dec 12, 2018
Would you say the Bend method produces a better or different effect than the traditional spoon bending technique? The product vid sure makes it look more impressive, but I am curious if it actually delivers. (Sorry, nearly muggle here, please don’t eat me)

Aug 9, 2017
Would you say the Bend method produces a better or different effect than the traditional spoon bending technique? The product vid sure makes it look more impressive, but I am curious if it actually delivers. (Sorry, nearly muggle here, please don’t eat me)

Haha don't worry I understand. It definitely is more of a mentalism effect, and will deliver if you do the trick correctly, but it is entirely up to you, and as for the traditional, I'm not quite sure because this is my first at this art of magic.

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013

I’ve done different methods and Lennys is a slight variation - especially the twist.

What I really love about this product is that Lenny explains a LOT of the issues regarding modern metal bending (especially what’s considered the dirty work) and has a way of addressing it that is more subtle

I’ve watched Osterlinds, Banacheks, Streblers etc...and I prefer Lenny’s because it’s a little less work...although the former mentalists do amazing metal bending that I’ve also done and it gets amazing reactions anyway.

Gimmickless Metal bending has a LOT of presentation. There are gimmicks out there (Shift - self bending fork for example) that will do the work for you but you’re left a bit dirty whereas w this you can hand out the spoon

Reactions: Sinestra Su

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I would recommend Bend if this is your introduction to metal bending and this specific genre of mentalism, as the product page states that it is an introductory course into metal bending. Menny provides you with a really incredible routine for someone just starting out, and doesn't require gimmicks, meaning you can pretty much do this at almost any time. There is a lot of value in the routine provided, but I would say that the major value comes with Menny's tips, presentation ideas, and subtleties as this is the stuff that really makes metal bending as powerful as it is. For a routine that has been refined and perfected over two decades, I don't think $24.95 is a steep price to pay. Considering all that is included and when seriously put into practice, $24.95 is a steal if you are serious about starting to learn metal bending.

I would recommend the other project if you are already experienced in metal bending and are looking to evolve your work in new areas. I don't personally own it, but I know Menny will offer incredible value in it. I think both are definitely worth the money; I guess it just depends which stage of metal bending you are at at this point.

Sep 25, 2018
I would recommend Bend if this is your introduction to metal bending and this specific genre of mentalism, as the product page states that it is an introductory course into metal bending. Menny provides you with a really incredible routine for someone just starting out, and doesn't require gimmicks, meaning you can pretty much do this at almost any time. There is a lot of value in the routine provided, but I would say that the major value comes with Menny's tips, presentation ideas, and subtleties as this is the stuff that really makes metal bending as powerful as it is. For a routine that has been refined and perfected over two decades, I don't think $24.95 is a steep price to pay. Considering all that is included and when seriously put into practice, $24.95 is a steal if you are serious about starting to learn metal bending.

I would recommend the other project if you are already experienced in metal bending and are looking to evolve your work in new areas. I don't personally own it, but I know Menny will offer incredible value in it. I think both are definitely worth the money; I guess it just depends which stage of metal bending you are at at this point.

Awesome! I guess I should start with the introduction one, since I’m just starting. I will leave a review of this product soon.

Reactions: RickU

RickU

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2013

100% agree with this statement

It’s definitely great for beginners and intermediates and very much worth the money from someone with his level of metal bending expertise

Dec 12, 2018
Thanks for your answers RickU, Lowiehowie21, and Casey Rudd! I really appreciate your experienced opinions. I think this is enough information that I’m going to go ahead and try the product. After all, mentalism or not, the best trick performed badly is still a bad trick, but the simplest trick performed well can be golden. You best hide your cutlery....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results