BentTouchSlink :: Review

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys, here's my review on Daniel Garcia's and E's latest release, BentTouchSlink.

Bent
This is a super cool and super clean and super easy coin bend. I could've thrown in a few more super things but I decided to hold off. Danny shows you 3 different version, two using the "squeeze" seen in the preview (2 hands) and 1 that only needs one hand. I have yet to try it out as I haven't made any bent coins, but they are all pretty nice.

Version 1 requires a little bit of clean-up, but 2 and 3 leave you with totally empty hands, which is a big fatty plus. There are some restrictions for this, but I can't go into detail as it would be exposure.

Overall, Bent is probably my second favorite effect on the video.

Touch
As soon as I saw this in the preview, I was like, "Meh..."

It doesn't look all that original or appetizing, and is pretty easy to figure out. I didn't enjoy the effect as a whole, but Danny has some interesting ideas that he applied to this effect.

On the MagicCafe Daniel said that Touch was created on set and he has never performed it since.

Overall, Touch has some interesting ideas but nothing revolutionary. This is my least favorite effect on the video.

Slink
This was definitely the one I was waiting for. My jaw dropped when I saw the preview, and I had no idea how it could be done without gimmicks. When I started to watch the explanation, not only did my jaw drop but I had to change my diaper.

I have no idea how Danny comes up with this stuff. The method is so ridiculously simple, yet so ingenious that it blows my mind. Basically, you take two rubber bands and they link. You very openly display them at the fingertips, and then with a blow they instantly unlink.

This looks phenomenal to a layman, and I fool myself when I practice it. The trick itself is pretty easy to do, but there are certain steps that need to be done with the right timing and speed to make it convincing.

Overall, this is a gem. If I start using this I'll learn Danny's version of the Crazy Man's Handcuffs (also taught on the video) and perform them as a routine. Danny has an interesting patter idea to flow from one to the other. Overall, this is the best trick on the video by far, and I will definitely be getting use out of it.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply on this thread or send me a PM.

David

I just wanted to do one myselfe(review) but this is quite similar to what i was going to write. Anyway, it´s a great DVD. Although there was something missing, i dont know what but something. I think that there should have been alot more street shots. Because most of them were on the preview so nothing new there and one was with a lady that i think(dont remember) wasnt on the preview but i can be wrong.

But overall a good buy. The Crazymans Handcuffs was also a good addon. So deffenently a great DVD to own!

Mikk

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
i bought the DVD,but something i am quite understand.

20:21 ,there he said when you want to link the rubber band ,is open your first finger,but i cant !!

i have to move my middle finger back,(a little big motion to move it.)

As Mr. MadMan said, try to refrain from posting replies like this, as they generally talk about the method. I've PM'd you with some details about Slink.

David

Sep 1, 2007
how is slink compared to dan harlan's band shark? It seems that that DVD might have some methods similar to slink. I dunno... look at the trailer for band shark and u'll see what i mean.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
how is slink compared to dan harlan's band shark? It seems that that DVD might have some methods similar to slink. I dunno... look at the trailer for band shark and u'll see what i mean.

True, they use rubber bands, but from what I see none of Dan's effects look anything like Danny's. They have the same premise, but Dan's seem to be a bit different.

I am not sure if you answered this but is it really gimmicky[ bent ]

There is a "gimmick" involved, but I emphasize the quotes. Technically it's not a gimmick.

David

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Version III of Bent = sick stuff. I mean c'mon, a one-handed coin bend that leaves you with clean hands at the end!!! :D

And CrossLink is freaking insane as we all know anyway, I agree with David, even when you're practicing it, it fools you because it just looks that good. Angles on it are pretty freaking decent too if you ask me! :)

Touch, yeah a little meh on it's own, nothing revolutionary - BUT one thing I found interesting and nice to watch about this was the way Danny had structured it and the way he "choreographed" everything to such an extent it's not a bad effect and would be a nice way to end a coins across routine.

- Sean

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
didnt really like touch or bent. touch wasnt anything revolutionary as said before.
The first version of bent was the only version thats good for me because well, the other two methods require "things" that i dont usually have.
loved slink/crosslink though. the whole openness of everything with barely any moves during the link and unlink.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Version III of Bent = sick stuff. I mean c'mon, a one-handed coin bend that leaves you with clean hands at the end!!! :D

And CrossLink is freaking insane as we all know anyway, I agree with David, even when you're practicing it, it fools you because it just looks that good. Angles on it are pretty freaking decent too if you ask me! :)

Touch, yeah a little meh on it's own, nothing revolutionary - BUT one thing I found interesting and nice to watch about this was the way Danny had structured it and the way he "choreographed" everything to such an extent it's not a bad effect and would be a nice way to end a coins across routine.

- Sean

You're right, V3 of Bent is badass. And it's so easy too. For a second I had to think about what you were talking about when you said CrossLink, but then I remembered that it's Slink's real name.

David

Nov 8, 2007
Been playing with these for a few days now. I didn't really like Touch at all. Bent is very clever and clean looking, but the angles don't work for me. Great method though.

Slink is just awesome. To me it was worth the price of the entire DVD. It's impromptu and something I'll use for the rest of my life. Best rubberband effect out there next to Crazy Man's Handcuffs in my opinion. Absolutely love it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results