Best all performance card control?

Aug 28, 2010
Sorry if this has been hit on a million times but I've been searching for a new card control. I do a bunch of passes, of course double under cuts, and a few other methods but the passes all have angle issues, and cuts don't allow for a total "magic" feel due to the fact that well, you've cut the deck. I was wondering if anyone had some of their favorite angle proof card controls and sources to share?...

Jul 16, 2011
I use a couple clean controls that look normal and involve no deck cutting. This might be obvious: A Marlo tilt (not completely angle proof), Bluff Pass, or just a simple double lift. I can't really think of a totaly angle proof control that has no cutting whatsoever. Maybe top change their card to the top and give them the indifferent card, and let them slide it into the deck. The best one I can think of is the Spread Cull control. Its pretty much angle proof and the spec can push the card it, and the deck doesnt need to be cut

Aug 28, 2010
Yeah I pretty much use all of those too. I guess I'm just looking for that new move to get excited about...

Sorry if this has been hit on a million times but I've been searching for a new card control. I do a bunch of passes, of course double under cuts, and a few other methods but the passes all have angle issues, and cuts don't allow for a total "magic" feel due to the fact that well, you've cut the deck. I was wondering if anyone had some of their favorite angle proof card controls and sources to share?...

Without risk there is no gain. Nothing great was ever won by sitting safely on the sidelines. No victory was ever worth not applying the slightest effort to achieve.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
The classic pass is invisible, even when you're surrounded. It's always good to have a variety of options but my advice is keep practicing your pass.

Jul 31, 2011
LA LA land
You can't have anyone behind you, but Losing Control by Lee Asher has to be one of my favorite controls. You can master it in 5-10 minutes, and it fools people every time (unless they are behind you).

Aug 28, 2010
Don't get me wrong here guys, I've been doing the pass for about 5 years now! My spread pass is my most beautifuly concealed. Usualy just with misdirection and audience management there's no issue, but in table hopping there's always ppl around me and I can't really use audience management due to the fact that they're sitting at tables. The pass is great but it does have its downfalls. Draven, Its not that I can't do all of my controls its just that I'm looking for more inovative methods that I may not have heard of. If nothing else then this thread could just be a reference for ppl to learn of new controls. I seem to remember either the losing control or the convincing control, I can't remember which one it was, but I think Ill look into those again! That's one problem with card sleights, its easy to move on and forget some of them ever existed...

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Greg Wilson's Backstage Pass is probably the alround versitle pass and inturn card control. There is a huge difference between invisible when looking at the deck and peripherally invisible. And for this like the pass you need to understand what is needed for the situation. I believe that the most important aspect in my opinion is if the control is psychologically invisible.

Ernest Earick's One Handed Convincing Control is by far the cleanest and most angle proof control I have come across. It is a beautifully covered move that is subtle, efficient and it can be done completely surrounded. The only way they are going to catch you doing this move is if you mess up, or if they are looking under the deck.

It can be found in the book "By Forces Unseen," and it is my go to control. Enjoy!

Nov 19, 2010
seriously just use the classic pass if your doing it right you should be able to pass it off as invisible

Apr 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
You can't have anyone behind you, but Losing Control by Lee Asher has to be one of my favorite controls. You can master it in 5-10 minutes, and it fools people every time (unless they are behind you).

Dude, you CANNOT master a move in 5-10 minutes. You can learn how to do it in a few minutes, the move isn't particularly hard, but you cannot master it.

I'd recommend The Nowhere Pass or The Illusion Control, both by Aaron Fisher. You can find them in The Paper Engine.

Or, what about palming a card and then having the spectator shuffle the deck. Also, I use a simple overhand shuffle control the majority of the time.

Aug 2, 2011
California
I second the Losing Control by Lee Asher. It is very clean and deceptive. It is fairly cheap too. It isnt hard, but you cannot master it in 5-10 minutes. I dont know any move you can MASTER in 5-10 minutes.

Sep 1, 2007
read read read read read, that's all I can say as far as controls go. I use 4 controls, they're extremely effective but they're extremely hard to find. Actually two of them aren't published. However, they're based off of some old Marlo moves and I think Jennings as well. They have so many good ideas, just read as much as you can, you'll find controls that have been overlooked.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results