Best book of card effects

Nov 11, 2013
I'm looking for books like the complete walton type books, but cheaper. 30$ budget if possible.
thanks,
-Adrian
P.s. I mean books full of impromptu effects (thanks again)

Aug 18, 2013
Drawing Room Deceptions is quite good yet very difficult. The Vernon Inner Card Trilogy is, like pretty much all vernon things, incredible, and I might suggest if you don't already have it Bobo's Modern Coin Magic.

Qlancy

Nov 11, 2013
Drawing Room Deceptions is quite good yet very difficult. The Vernon Inner Card Trilogy is, like pretty much all vernon things, incredible, and I might suggest if you don't already have it Bobo's Modern Coin Magic.

Qlancy
Have bobo... about the inner card trilogy, do you have a description/review? I've heard great things, and it's Vernon, that should be enough, but I'd have to bargain with my parents a bit. I'll probably ask for it for Christmas, but do you have anything a little cheaper (I saved up about 30$)
Thanks,
-Adrian

Aug 18, 2013
Have bobo... about the inner card trilogy, do you have a description/review? I've heard great things, and it's Vernon, that should be enough, but I'd have to bargain with my parents a bit. I'll probably ask for it for Christmas, but do you have anything a little cheaper (I saved up about 30$)
Thanks,
-Adrian
I unfortunately do not have a review of The Inner Card Trilogy, But! if you have an interest in table work (specifically shuffling) or false dealing (the Chinese second deal is quite…interesting) I would highly suggest it. Also if you do not have Card Control by Arthur Buckley, Expert Card Technique by Hugard & Braue, or Card Magic for Amateurs and Professionals I think you should check them out as they are some of fundamental building blocks on your way to card mastery. The latter three are also quite cheap on give the best "bang for your buck"

Qlancy

P.S. I am not quite sure of your current position, but if you consider yourself to be ready I might suggest Erdnase.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
I would go to the conjuring arts research center and pick up as many classic PDF's as you can. Definitely look out for anything by Mark Wilson, Dai Vernon, Stars of Magic, Tarbell, or Roberto Giobbi.

Apr 17, 2013
I would go to the conjuring arts research center and pick up as many classic PDF's as you can. Definitely look out for anything by Mark Wilson, Dai Vernon, Stars of Magic, Tarbell, or Roberto Giobbi.

When you join the IBM they give you Roberto Giobbi's Introduction to Card Magic PDF as a welcome gift.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Mastering the Art of Magic by Eugene Burger. It may not be loaded with knuckle busting sleights and new moves, but the routines that are in it, are very good and doable for most people with basic sleight of hand skills. Plus in a lot of them, he teaches you HOW to misdirect the dirty moves and WHEN. Which is something that not many(if any) magic books tend to teach.

Nov 11, 2013
Thank you everybody who replied. I've bought Card Magic for Professionals and Amateurs Feel free to post any other good books here.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results