Best Card Tricks

hi guys...
it has been a long time since I did a few tricks to someone, the llast two month I dind't practice any trick, just played a littl around with cards, and now I only know 2 tricks I can do, I just forget what tricks I did befroe those two month ( whe I was into magic), so hopefully ou can tell me some good ones...
so hopefully there will be more non-gimmicked tricks than gimmicked ones, because i don't really like gimmicks..

Sep 16, 2008
Personally my favourite one to date is CASANOVA INC, its not exactly a playing card trick but is a card trick ( business cards ). If someone did it to me before I be deeply astonished.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
This time, if you plan on doing magic for a while, write down at least the names of the tricks you learn. If you can copy down the way they're done too, so next time you can just pull out a notebook(or stack of index cards) and refresh your memory.

Here Then There (also called 2card monte by many)
Biddle Trick
21 card trick!!! (absolute favorite of every spectator, nightmare of every magician)
Triumph (too many variations to name)
Simple force/reveals.

Just a few ideas to get you going.

Mar 17, 2009
At the moment i am absolutely loving:

Sam the Bellhop by Bill Malone
Reswindled by Caleb Wiles
Hofszingers Aristocrats By Hofszinger (taught by Kostya Kimlat)
Card to Pocket (Kevin Parker)

There are card tricks that make people go, wow dude that was awesome, and there are card tricks that make people WHOA WTF?!?! how.........did.....you.....do that?? These are 4 of them.
Tricks like these dont come along very often, and should immediatly go into your repetorire if you really want to amaze with your cards or be taken seriously as a magician.

Tommy D

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
At the moment i am absolutely loving:

Sam the Bellhop by Bill Malone
Reswindled by Caleb Wiles
Hofszingers Aristocrats By Hofszinger (taught by Kostya Kimlat)
Card to Pocket (Kevin Parker)

There are card tricks that make people go, wow dude that was awesome, and there are card tricks that make people WHOA WTF?!?! how.........did.....you.....do that?? These are 4 of them.
Tricks like these dont come along very often, and should immediatly go into your repetorire if you really want to amaze with your cards or be taken seriously as a magician.

Tommy D

Also it really depends have you persent these tricks to the audicence. If you persent these tricks really bad, then they will not be impress. So your persentation counts for something.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Posted as always.

I posted this before, and it's always the same.

Here's an idea. Look for them yourself, find the ones that work for yourself, and make them "hard hitting"! In all honestly, looking for the shortcut by asking for "best of" effects isn't gonna do you any favours, and 95% of the time will not get you the most hard-hitting effects you can perform. That's right, asking for good tricks will actually, the majority of the time, get you tricks that, when performed by you, will be second rate and extremely common. So you'll be performing the same old stuff and probably not as well as you could be.

Rather than ask "Where can I find the best effect", ask "Where can I find effects (possibly of x plot or from x magician)", go out, look through everything, and find what works for you. You want average material, ask for "hard hitting" effects. And if you're satisfied with decent, go ahead. Some people are happy with being decent, and that's fine. But if you want to be better than that, with the best material and the highest possible impact? You'll have to work harder than that.

The main reason for this is that the strongest effect in my arsenal, in all honestly, would probably not work at all for you. This is due to many reasons - personality, presentation, and just the effect in general. Many, many people for example list Stigmata as their strongest effect, and many people buy it. You wanna know the truth, 95% of people's presentation of Stigmata is ****. Stigmata could be so, so much more. I'd bet my money that half the people who've said Stigmata in this thread can't present it to save their lives, and could easily improve their own performances. But no, they rely on the effect, rather than relying on themselves as a performer, and this separates the chaff from the wheat.

If you really want strong effects, you need to tell us what you're interested in, specifically, a plot or an author. Then you need to go look at everything by that author or on that plot, and decide what works for you, use that knowledge to mix the effects together, and base a presentation on what appeals to you, not what appeals to us. My favourite effect happens to be Zamiel's Rose, and yet I barely know anyone who has the personality to pull it off, so I never suggest it, it would be a travesty, the epitome of ruining magic. I mean what do you want me to say - follow your instructions exactly, and give you an effect that won't suit you and you won't be able to make the most of? I'd rather say this, the truth.

This is not to say we (or I) don't want to help. This is to say, rather, that it should be the right help, if you really want the best magic.

Go buy a book or something, that's where the good stuff is.

Also, don't just buy a magic book. Buy a note book. Write down what you learn. Your scripts. What you can improve. Write down your routines. Write down ideas. Advice. Review yourself. etc.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
The worlds greatest card trick by Ultradeepbase on youtube.
It's practically written in the name of the trick. Just watch it over and over again and you'll get it.

Goshh noobs these days!!!!!11one ><

But in all seriousness, how great a card trick is depends on where you are performing and who you are performing for. Know your audience, know your environment and pick your effects accordingly.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
To add my few cents to what prae said.

The classics are (still) some of the best. ACR, Biddle, Triumph, 2 Card Monte (Be Honest Where is it?) among others. Although how many times have we seen the exact same patter used on each of these effects. The real question is how do we achieve all of these effects. I do not mean a series of DL's and top changes, but how is it happening in the implied narrative of your performance. There are many, many ways for a card to come to the top of the deck however in my eyes snapping my fingers is not one of them.

One of my favourite ACR's belongs to David Williamson because the original idea that he puts forward as a method is using psychological misdirection to perform the sleight. This may seem stupid as it is the real method to achieve most of the effect however when you couple it with additional sleights that the audience does not know of, the idea that he is doing a second deal gets eliminated.

Jan 1, 2010
Go to the post withe the little hangman and read it OVER and OVER again.
What I do is keep effects listed on index cards.
If need be, I write instructions on the back reason being, you could forget.
The other reason why I keep on index cards is I can stack them in the order to perform my show.
For example one of my set is as follows:
Quick Teaser:
OPENER:
1st trick ever saw:
Pick a card:
Power:
Not an illusionist:
Mentalism is:
Start out small:
CLOSER:
All I do is pull out index card and rack em and stack em.
I have also found magic in thier hands hits the hardest. For example, back in time by sankey kills!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results