"Best Double Lift"

Dec 22, 2007
California: LA
cool, well i was just using a weird double lift...i used my thumb to peel 2 cards off the pack, then i got a break....a while later, i could do it with my eyes closed....but now i discovered probably the best method....learn a push over break, then learn a double push over break...you basically use 1 hand to push off 2 cards as if you were spreading them, but put your pinky underneath that 2nd card.....so when you master that...simply push over 2 cards and do a double lift...soon, your DLs will look really good, and it looks really casual.....i think i saw wayne houchin do this in the Ultragaff preview on E.....i learned it from him...

Oct 28, 2007
i like the one they taught in believe. other then that i use a basic double lift utilizing the multiple push over.

Sep 4, 2007
John Born's glide double or Klaus soft double. Both are very smooth but unnaturalish. The card(s) slide across the deck before you flip them over.

I cannot say what the best Double Lift is, as there's not going to be an answer. However, I personally love using the *Stuart Gordon Double Lift. It's casual, clean, and there's seemingly no tension with the cards at all - it's very "singular". Funnily enough, this is actually a move I do often with doubles, singles, and even packets during flourishing - it just feels wonderful. :)

Warm regards,
Jordan

*Credits & History
Whilst seen by many magicians, Stuart Gordon had never put the move into print. Later, it was discovered by Ken Simmons and, after a case of independent invention, claimed it to be his own. However, Mike Maxwell described an almost identical lift on page 114 of Larry Jennings' book, The Cardwright (1988) and attributed the move to Stuart Gordon. It was later published on page 106 of Cardshark (1995) by Darwin Ortiz, under the effect “Museum Piece”. It is also described in detail on page 186 of Larry Jennings’ book, Jennings ’67 (1997).

May 29, 2008
Australia
Push off double lift

come on guys we all know the most natural looking double lift is the push off aint explaining it but ambitous card by ellusionist brad chrisian goes into great detail about this utility its HOT!!!!

Sep 1, 2007
It depends, when i'm doing a routine like Tivo 2.0 I want my double lifts to look graceful so I either use the molecule dl or the Diving Board Acrobatic.

If I'm doing an ACR I want a standard one so I either use a push off or the Non Acrobatic DBD.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results