Best false shuffle for stacked decks?

Dec 5, 2007
Hello,

Wich false shuffle would you say is the best one if im using a stacked deck? and where can i learn it?

Sep 9, 2007
the Tudor Shuffle

it can be learned in his DVD "Generation Extreme" or "Cardsharp"

both available at penguinmagic.com, but i think cardsharp is sold out and can be found on decknique.net

While the Zarrow shuffle is amazing and really not that nuckle busting (it IS hard mind you, just not as hard as what I am about to mention). Karl Hein's false rifle shuffle in the hands WITH BRIDGE is the most amazing card sleight i've ever seen in person... I *think* the shuffle is called the Heiny Shuffle (Do not quote me there, I am unsure) and is availible on a dvd from him personally at his lectures.

Sharp

Sep 1, 2007
Peter Duffie has a great false overhand shuffle in "Effortless Card Magic" - I think it's still available as a download from his website.

Very easy and very casual, maintains the whole deck order.

Bill Malone has some great tips on the zarrow shuffle on "On the Loose" volume one, and breaks down a killer in the hands riffle shuffle in his new set "Here I Go Again".

For me, the Peter Duffie Shuffle followed up by a couple of false cuts is sufficient. Easy, casual and no table required.

Sep 1, 2007
I do the swivel cut that I learned from Cardshark88 on youtube :X

It was like my first ever cut.

But if you do it really fast people don't notice its a fake cut and its kinda flourishy so your audience has something to look at while you're "shuffling"

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
I do the swivel cut that I learned from Cardshark88 on youtube :X

It was like my first ever cut.

But if you do it really fast people don't notice its a fake cut and its kinda flourishy so your audience has something to look at while you're "shuffling"

I may have just died alittle inside.

I think that the Zarrow/Shank Shuffle is great, so is Lennart Green's Green Shuffle.

And I have been hearing great things about some of the shuffles off Benjamin Earl's DVD Set Past Midnight.

Sep 1, 2007
I may have just died alittle inside.

I think that the Zarrow/Shank Shuffle is great, so is Lennart Green's Green Shuffle.

And I have been hearing great things about some of the shuffles off Benjamin Earl's DVD Set Past Midnight.

:eek: why? Why would you die a little inside? D:

Sep 1, 2007
My favorite one will be the in the hands false riffle shuffle by oz pearlman. You see the cards get riffle together and you see the waterfall. You could find it in a download on penguinmagic but you must buy the trick( Emerge Triumphant) to get the shuffle or you can buy the dvd Watch magic to learn it.

P.S The shuffle is now known as the Anderson/Hollingworth False Shuffle *Thanks ace18*
Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2007
Grey Shuffle is the best in the hands riffle shuffle in my opinion which is found in Past Midnight by Ben Earl. For a table, the Push Through Shuffle is my favourite or the Push Through Variation as taught in Enchantments by Wesley James or on Weapons of the Card Shark 2 by Jeff Wessmiller.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
My favorite one will be the in the hands false riffle shuffle by oz pearlman. You see the cards get riffle together and you see the waterfall. You could find it in a download on penguinmagic but you must buy the trick( Emerge Triumphant) to get the shuffle or you can buy the dvd Watch magic to learn it.
Cheers
Andrew

That is actually the Anderson/Hollingworth False Shuffle.

Sep 5, 2007
Cyprus
i use the push through shuffle that i learned from a Darwin Ortiz' dvd, the little problem is that it requires a strip cut to be completed....

i recently borrowed from a friend a very good dvd: weapons of the card shark vol.1 with Jeff Wessmiller

THE MOVES:

over 90 minutes all on one DVD!

False Shuffles: Blind Overhand Shuffle, Controlling Top Card, Controlling Bottom Card, Blind Over-Under Shuffle, Over-Under Combo, Top Card Riffle Control, Top Stock Short Shuffle, Push-Through Shuffle, Zarrow Shuffle, Spider Shuffle.

False Cuts: Scrape Cut, False Strip,Slip Cut, Jigsaw Cut, Up-the-ladder.

Stacking: Lay Stack, Overhand Stack, J.W. Stack,Riffle Stacking, Cold Stacking, Double Duke.

Hopping the Deck: Cellar Keep, Classic Pass Tap Pass, Thumb-lick Pass, Wess Pass, Table Pass 1, Table Pass 2.

Glimpses: Bubble Peek,Heel Glimpse, Gamblers Glimpse, Shiner Glimpse.

False Dealing: Bottom Deal, Stud Bottom Deal,Flop Bottom Deal, Cigar Bottom Deal, Second Deal, Push Off Second Deal.

Mucking: Chopping Cards Out, Top Palm Chopping, Gamblers Palm Chopping, Clip Palm Chopping, Two Handed Muck, One Handed Muck, Peel Muck, Palm In, Palm Out Muck.

Deck Switches: Cold Deck Switch, Sting Cold Deck Switch, Bold and Cold Deck Switch.

amazing dvd with a lot of material

Last edited by a moderator:

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
Karl Hein's is good. It's a variation on some older stuff. Joshua Jay has a good false overhand shuffle. I seldom work with a table so a Zarrow does no good for me.

now this might sound strange but for non-magician's one of the most deceptive would be the charlier shuffle or the haymow shuffle with a fair amount of sloppiness ( a. la. Lennart Green ) thrown in.
depending on what stack u r using u might need a locator card or a crimp too.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
If tabled, I would personally use a Push-Through combined with a optical false-cut. (Creating an illusion of triple cut). I like Push-Through more than Zarrow because it makes it look like you have cut the deck also.

Standing I prefer Optical false Overhand suffle combined with a false sawing shuffle by Lennart Green.

Dan Garrett's take on G.W. Hunter's overhand false shuffle is my choice. This version doesn't use the stepping condition and the stalling while exchanging the two packets and it keeps the deck in order.
Dom

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results