Best Glue For Gaff Cards?

Nov 26, 2009
sounds silly i know but when creating gaff cards what is the best option for gluing,i understand if your peeling the top layer off then to use a glue stick of some kinda, but what if your sticking ay 2 cards face to face? if you use liquid glue do they blob? or bubble? or buckle up? ofcourse put them under a heavy flat surface after for them to dry.....just wondering

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I've used Elmer's Non wrinkle rubber cement and have not tried the remount spray but do use the Remount spray for other gaffs. I have not tried to leave it on a card indefinitely.

With the Elmer's rubber cement I do use a rolling pin as suggested in Martini's card splitting dvd.

Jan 13, 2008
I've used Elmer's Non wrinkle rubber cement and have not tried the remount spray but do use the Remount spray for other gaffs. I have not tried to leave it on a card indefinitely.

With the Elmer's rubber cement I do use a rolling pin as suggested in Martini's card splitting dvd.
I second everything here. I've always used rubber cement, and always will. And Martini's card splitting DVD is great, as well.

Also, instead of a rolling pin, I use an unopened bottle of rubber cement as a mini rolling pin-like device. ;)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I have no idea if that would wrinkle or not. At least with the Elmer's non wrinkle even if you get excess seeping out the sides...it dries clear and then if you just rub slightly....the excess falls right off the side of the card.

Jul 13, 2009
Any form of Rubber cement is great to use, it also helps if you have a heavy flat hardbound book. Keeps everything from warping and not drying the way you want it too. Haven't tried spray adhesive on normal double backers and what not, only for the "holy grail torn and restored"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results