Dec 3, 2017
Hi,
I'm very interested in starting to work with IT again and was wondering if I should get the Tarantula 2, the Spider Pen Pro or Venom? Besides price and design, what is the difference between them and which is the better one. Thanks!

Jan 2, 2016
California
Hi,
I'm very interested in starting to work with IT again and was wondering if I should get the Tarantula 2, the Spider Pen Pro or Venom? Besides price and design, what is the difference between them and which is the better one. Thanks!
I'd start with a cheaper thread reel before getting the expensive ones. That way you can get a feel for the thread and what it can handle. I personally use a Grand Illusions ITR right now and it works great. That's just my opinion though.
I can tell you about each of the devices though:

Both the Spider Pen and Tarantula require batteries and are motorized. Without giving too much away, the Tarantula hides in plain sight. The Spider Pen on the other hand, is disguised as a very fancy looking pen which has to be kept in a pocket or something. It would fit with a somewhat formal style of dress.

The Venom on the other hand, has no electronic parts and is two reels liked together which allows for some interesting stuff you wouldn't be able to do with a normal TR.

So yeah. That's my two cents.

Dec 3, 2017
I'd start with a cheaper thread reel before getting the expensive ones. That way you can get a feel for the thread and what it can handle. I personally use a Grand Illusions ITR right now and it works great. That's just my opinion though.
I can tell you about each of the devices though:

Both the Spider Pen and Tarantula require batteries and are motorized. Without giving too much away, the Tarantula hides in plain sight. The Spider Pen on the other hand, is disguised as a very fancy looking pen which has to be kept in a pocket or something. It would fit with a somewhat formal style of dress.

The Venom on the other hand, has no electronic parts and is two reels liked together which allows for some interesting stuff you wouldn't be able to do with a normal TR.

So yeah. That's my two cents.
I know what they are but I was wondering what sort of levitations I could achieve with each. If I could walk away from the object with the Tarantula like the Spider Pen and such. I've never tried a mechanic reel just the typical wax and thread. Thanks for the explanation though!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results