Best Non-Magic Trick Magic Book?

Jun 26, 2018
Hi everyone, THIS IS MY FIRST EVER POST!

I recently finished reading Maximum Entertainment 2.0 by Ken Weber, and loved it. I am looking for similar magic theory books, where magic tricks can be taught, but it is not the focus.

I found it very interesting about how to be your own director, different types of reactions and magic moments, entertainment success, scripting, rehearsing, voice and language, humour, music, sound and lighting.

All these things really fascinate me, and I would love to know your favourite books similar to this one, for me to read! Thanks in advance!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Great first post. Maximum Entertainment is an amazingly practical book.

Other great theory books are Darwin Ortiz's Strong Magic and Designing Miracles; Tamariz's The Magic Way and The Magic Rainbow; and Darren Brown's Pure Effect and Absolute Magic. Scripting Magic also is amazing.

Tommy Wonder's Books of Wonder have a great bunch of essays on theory intermixed with effects. Handsome Jack has some really good practical theoretical musings by John Lovick.

I like books on how to present magic. Anything by Eugene Burger is amazing (Teaching Magic and From Beyond are on my holiday list). I also love books by Robert E. Neale. Larry Haas has a great book called Transformations: Transforming Tricks into Magic. Tales of Enchantment by Walt Anthony is a great resource for just amazing presentations.

Reactions: The Bobby Electric
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results