Best place to purchase Flash Paper?

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
I've been recently trying to obtain some flash paper for...flashy stuff, but no one seems to carry this or be willing to ship it for a reasonable price.

Should I just try to make my own? (there is an article on ehow, and many videos).

Or should I keep trying to find an online dealer to get this from?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Where all are you looking? I believe MJM magic carries it as well as some suppliers on ebay. Are you looking for big sheets or just the small flash pads?

Jul 13, 2009
Please for the love of any god, do not make your own flash paper/cotton. Leave that to the guys with the experience with the chemicals to do the scary part. I buy my flash paper locally at a brick and mortar. But any good magic general retailer should have flash paper/cotton (or as I call it "Magician's crack")

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Please for the love of any god, do not make your own flash paper/cotton. Leave that to the guys with the experience with the chemicals to do the scary part. I buy my flash paper locally at a brick and mortar. But any good magic general retailer should have flash paper/cotton (or as I call it "Magician's crack")

I have to reiterate what Silver is saying. Don't try to make flash paper at home. To make real flash paper requires using some pretty dangerous chemicals. To do it safely requires having protective gloves, breathing aparatus, etc.

As a couple of others have said, check out MJM. That is where I get mine. Also, if you are under 18, you should get adult permission. Some Brick and Mortar (and online) shops won't sell to people under 18.

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Awesome guys, thanks! I think I'll get some from Sankey. It looks pretty cheap, and has 20 pages of it.

Also yeah, the process of making it was to cut open a road flare and everything... I'd rather just buy it haha.

Jan 24, 2010
MJM has got some good stuff, but check out Starlight and Magic for a selection of pyro supplies flashpaper, flashpowders, cottens, color flame, flashcord and string other FXs

Apr 5, 2009

you should buy it from ellusionist.com or sankeymagic.com those are the best places to get the flash pads and ellusionist also has the flash sheets and magicgeek.com has flash paper, sheets,pads,cotton,string,cord,and,bills.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results