Best Reaction You've ever Gotten from a Trick?

Jan 2, 2016
California
I was wondering what's the best reaction you've ever gotten was? Like what was the trick you performed and what did the how did the spectator react? I'm not sure what it is for me to be honest. I did this one trick with a calculator prediction once and her reaction was just wide eyed and repeating "what the hell" over and over again. It was pretty great. Anyway, what's your favorite reaction you've ever gotten?

Loved those reactions! I subbed too!

Just out of curiosity, what's the coin breaking trick? If you don't mind telling me of course.
I love tricks where the spectator can keep something from it.
Thanks for the sub! I really appreciate it. :)

The coin breaking effect can actually be bought right here on Theory11. It's Break by Uday Jadugar taught by Spidey.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I think the best reaction in recent memory is, "Will you come to the university and talk about this stuff to my graduate class?" from a professor of neuroscience. I did, and it was a fun presentation.

Dec 27, 2016
Once I performed on a school, the trick I performed was involving mistakes just to make the spectator a little bit sceptical. Then when I finished the trick everybody stand up and screamed, it change so quickly. After that show nearly 15 peoples went up to me and asked if I could perform on their event.

Jan 2, 2016
California
I was at a strolling gig and I started my spongeball routine by making the first ball appear on a lady's palm. She yelled, jumped out of her chair and shoved me with both hands. The whole table erupted with laughter.
It's funny. The sponge balls seem to always impress people.

Once I performed on a school, the trick I performed was involving mistakes just to make the spectator a little bit sceptical. Then when I finished the trick everybody stand up and screamed, it change so quickly. After that show nearly 15 peoples went up to me and asked if I could perform on their event.
Haha awesome!

I think the best reaction in recent memory is, "Will you come to the university and talk about this stuff to my graduate class?" from a professor of neuroscience. I did, and it was a fun presentation.
That's really crazy. What did you do the presentation on exactly? Just how misdirection works and stuff like that?
Thanks for the sub! I really appreciate it. :)

The coin breaking effect can actually be bought right here on Theory11. It's Break by Uday Jadugar taught by Spidey.
You're very welcome mate!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
That's really crazy. What did you do the presentation on exactly? Just how misdirection works and stuff like that?

It was on the ways magicians manipulate perception, which covered a lot of ground. Topics included visual manipulation, misdirection & lies, expectations, patterns, suggestion, and finally it ended with a hypnosis demonstration. I didn't reveal any methods, I just talked about the kinds of things we use and demonstrated routines using those things.

Jan 2, 2016
California
It was on the ways magicians manipulate perception, which covered a lot of ground. Topics included visual manipulation, misdirection & lies, expectations, patterns, suggestion, and finally it ended with a hypnosis demonstration. I didn't reveal any methods, I just talked about the kinds of things we use and demonstrated routines using those things.
That sounds interesting. Is there any video of this?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
After a show, a woman came up to me and said, "I've seen a bunch of magic shows, but this was a different kind of magic. The last piece you did was really beautiful. Thank you."

I was doing some mental magic for a bunch of Boy Scouts on a campout and I asked one of them to think of an animal that lives in the jungle. As soon as I saw that the thought of one, I said "giraffes don't live in the jungle" and he completely freaked out and keeping repeating... "there is no way you could have known that."

Jan 2, 2016
California
After a show, a woman came up to me and said, "I've seen a bunch of magic shows, but this was a different kind of magic. The last piece you did was really beautiful. Thank you."

I was doing some mental magic for a bunch of Boy Scouts on a campout and I asked one of them to think of an animal that lives in the jungle. As soon as I saw that the thought of one, I said "giraffes don't live in the jungle" and he completely freaked out and keeping repeating... "there is no way you could have known that."
How the hell did you know? Lol that's quite impressive.

Reactions: RealityOne

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
That sounds interesting. Is there any video of this?

No. I rarely video my performances for public view, and this was actually an extra-credit thing for the class so it wouldn't really have been appropriate to film with the intention of showing it publicly anyway. I had a good enough time that I may be trying to book the presentation in the future, though.

I don't like showing magicians my performances because I'm not prepared to see them copy the work (and likely mess it up because they won't understand why it works for me)

Jan 2, 2016
California
No. I rarely video my performances for public view, and this was actually an extra-credit thing for the class so it wouldn't really have been appropriate to film with the intention of showing it publicly anyway. I had a good enough time that I may be trying to book the presentation in the future, though.

I don't like showing magicians my performances because I'm not prepared to see them copy the work (and likely mess it up because they won't understand why it works for me)
I see. That's alright. Still quite cool!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
In high school I usually didn't do magic. I was at a party at one point and they pulled out a deck of cards. I did some magic and they were blown away. I took a chance and tried the Balducci levitation. I played it off as a joke but to my surprise it killed! I was a little bit of a legend after that! For a little bit.

It was one of those fluke moments when things just happened to work. Usually you don't do this kind of trick for large groups but there was something in the way the basement was laid out and the way people watched that made it impressive. The funny thing was that I learned the trick on Lamb Chop's Play along when I was in first grade.

Reactions: ParkinT
Oct 12, 2016
Utah
French Kiss by Wayne Houchin, over a table at a burger joint. She screamed, repeated several variations of "What?" . . . "No!" . . . "How?!" and so forth for a while, and seemed almost in shock for a good twenty minutes afterward. Wish I could've gotten some of that on video...

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016

lol....

Jan 2, 2016
California
In high school I usually didn't do magic. I was at a party at one point and they pulled out a deck of cards. I did some magic and they were blown away. I took a chance and tried the Balducci levitation. I played it off as a joke but to my surprise it killed! I was a little bit of a legend after that! For a little bit.

It was one of those fluke moments when things just happened to work. Usually you don't do this kind of trick for large groups but there was something in the way the basement was laid out and the way people watched that made it impressive. The funny thing was that I learned the trick on Lamb Chop's Play along when I was in first grade.
The Balducci rarely works but when it does, it works really well surprisingly. I've had similar situations with the same trick.

Also, this is the song that doesn't end...

Jan 2, 2016
California
French Kiss by Wayne Houchin, over a table at a burger joint. She screamed, repeated several variations of "What?" . . . "No!" . . . "How?!" and so forth for a while, and seemed almost in shock for a good twenty minutes afterward. Wish I could've gotten some of that on video...
I love the speechless reactions. It really shows that you've blown their mind.

Reactions: Lindel
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results