Best Street Magic for Beginners?

Hi,

I'll be going on holiday in a few days, and I'm planning on doing some street magic. I'll be doing . . .

The invisible deck routine
Card to shoe
Forces
Predictions
A different variation of sealed with a kiss
Coin tricks
The iPhone prediction trick
Redline
Rubber band tricks, like Touch

As you can see these are all very simple, yet quite amazing tricks, if performed well. So, I've chosen these, although I can't think of any more. I'm not great at sleight of hand, although I practice as much and when I can.

If you could recommend any that would be a great help, I don't want to spend much though. Just tricks which I could learn off of websites please.

Thanks,

TMI :cool:

j.p

Jul 10, 2012
Birmingham
www.twitter.com
My favourite thing to do on the street, card to mouth. Gets great reactions if performed well. Just don't repeat it for the same audience! And btw, is card to shoe in your shoe or theirs and is the selection signed?

j.p

Jul 10, 2012
Birmingham
www.twitter.com
Thought so, cool trick. As you have said, simple tricks get good reactions. My friend taught me a trick called Plan B which you have probably heard of before. That gets great reactions and is quick. Also if you are not fully surrounded you can make a spectator see a card in a deck using the peek force then click/snap change it into their selection. The Queens usually gets great reactions for me too though. But an all time favourite, but pretty hard is TiVo 2.0. Spectators love it. Simple yet amazing (not so simple for the magician though!).

Thought so, cool trick. As you have said, simple tricks get good reactions. My friend taught me a trick called Plan B which you have probably heard of before. That gets great reactions and is quick. Also if you are not fully surrounded you can make a spectator see a card in a deck using the peek force then click/snap change it into their selection. The Queens usually gets great reactions for me too though. But an all time favourite, but pretty hard is TiVo 2.0. Spectators love it. Simple yet amazing (not so simple for the magician though!).

I think I've heard of Tivo 2.0 but not Plan B. Do you have to pay for it or could I learn it like on youtube?

j.p

Jul 10, 2012
Birmingham
www.twitter.com
You could learn Plan B on YouTube by the12ofclubs. It's a pretty good trick. TiVo 2.0 is probably (no offence intended) going to be too hard for you if you only have a few days and are a beginner. The sleights aren't too hard but to get it smooth takes practice. You have to pay for that though. There is a 1 on 1 for $5 (I think) or you can buy the Trilogy for about £60. Expensive but worth it.

You could learn Plan B on YouTube by the12ofclubs. It's a pretty good trick. TiVo 2.0 is probably (no offence intended) going to be too hard for you if you only have a few days and are a beginner. The sleights aren't too hard but to get it smooth takes practice. You have to pay for that though. There is a 1 on 1 for $5 (I think) or you can buy the Trilogy for about £60. Expensive but worth it.

Thanks, I'll check it out, also offence not taken, I know I'm a beginner, its ok.

Apr 29, 2012
The thing that goatears said means, when you force a card, there are many ways you can show you know what the card is. Eric Ross has some great card revelations such as insignia. But there are many more ways you can reveal a forced card, like a prediction, a mind reading thing, writing on your hand, so many ways.

j.p

Jul 10, 2012
Birmingham
www.twitter.com
For the future I really think that you should get the Trilogy. It's a must for anyone who wants to learn some great effects with cards. Most of them are great for performing on the street too. Not to mention the great flourishes and the everything else disc.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Here is Tivo 2.0

I wouldn't recommend Dan and Dave's Trilogy. Most of the stuff is sleight intensive, angle sensitive, and fairly impractical. If you are new I would suggest a Jay Sankey DVD or Royal Road to Card Magic. Most of this material is easy to do and lots of it can be performed standing up.

Here is Tivo 2.0

I wouldn't recommend Dan and Dave's Trilogy. Most of the stuff is sleight intensive, angle sensitive, and fairly impractical. If you are new I would suggest a Jay Sankey DVD or Royal Road to Card Magic. Most of this material is easy to do and lots of it can be performed standing up.

My friend sent me a disc of the Trilogy, and I agree the sleights are difficult and it is hard with the angles. I have 99 think and a genereal magic DVD by Jay Sankey, I also have the Royal Road to Card Magic book, but I just started it. Either way I'll take the book with me, and thanks for the help :D

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
Keep in mind that the effect that I'm going to be recommeding is NOT for beginners. Some people think that this effect is easy to perform but believe me it is very difficult to get the handling smooth. I haven't seen anyone who can perform this effect better than me in terms of handling so just a warning beforehand.
That said effect is the Rising Doll AKA Okito voodoo doll.I ALWAYS perform this effect everywhere I go, including on the streets. The reactions that this liitle effect receives from kids and adults are amazing beyond words. With the right presentation and natural handling, this will be a very memorable effect. You can watch my performance of the rising doll here, starts at 2:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-5n0-BwK5k&list=UU-No0CI9KGozT0HVlEedh7A&index=0&feature=plcp

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results