Best way to strip invisible thread?

Sep 16, 2008
Guys, I am having some problems in stripping the invisible thread from a nylon reel, I have two brands one is easier to strip but the thread is thicker and weak, the other brand is stronger and more invisible but very hard and frustrating to strip. I have tried two methods the in the hands stripping method and also a wall method where you stick the wax on the wall and put some tension on the string and then strip it, both work fine with the first brand but with the second brand I am having problems.

Would you guys suggest a better way to strip the thread I have heard that there is a machine which strips the thread may be I can use that principle, Please shed some light on the matter.

Thanks
S::B

I use the wall method, I guess the only advice I can give is to not let the thread bunch up. Be gentle with it, practice, and be patient.

Also I do not know of a machine but I believe that might be over kill to have a stripping machine <.< >.> did that sound raunchy or is it just me, any way. You do not need a machine you already have two of them, your hands.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I cut the size I need first from the spool and then use the tape it to the wall method and very slightly fray the end until I get one strand. Then I work the rest of the material back upward and then pull the strand back downward. Do this a few times and be patient. You'll get it.

Sep 16, 2008
I cut the size I need first from the spool and then use the tape it to the wall method and very slightly fray the end until I get one strand. Then I work the rest of the material back upward and then pull the strand back downward. Do this a few times and be patient. You'll get it.

That's a strange method will surely give it a try, and about the machine which strips the thread Michael Ammar was talking about it in his Easy to master thread miracles series, its called the spinning genii and he says that you just feed the thread and it strips it all, the individual threads are ready to use in a matter of seconds.

But we'll have to do it the hard way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results