Better Opener?

Jan 6, 2008
www.myspace.com
Which, in your opinion, is a better opener for street magic? for table-hopping? for 'show me a trick' moments?
Panic or Distortion?

Have any other, even better openers? post em.

Thanks,
Happy Fathers Day,

pL

Sep 1, 2007
I feel like Panic is a better closer.

Usually, I'll open with a simple coin effect and then move onto cards. Threefry or Long Gone Silver are good effects as is Hellbound Spellbound.

Mar 30, 2008
DC
I'd say Panic. If you can WideSpread Panic, that would be better (in my opinion).

Also, a really good opener, if you were to buy it, is the Amazing Shrinking Deck. People will be shocked and you can end clean.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
My opinion:

They're both too powerful to be used as openers.

Do something nice, simple-to-understand and something you enjoy putting your all into. :) Get them used to you handling cards in a different manner than they might.

- Sean

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
Don't use either, they are both to....how do I put it?.....to...serious, for an opening trick, you need something fast visual and attention getting. Productions are good, but usually hard to reset quickly.

Michael Mode has a bowling pin production and the line that goes with it is "I picked this suit up from the dry cleaners and I think they left a pin in it" (produce "pin"). This one is resets in about 3 seconds, and is completely stunning....it is also unfortunately, probably out of your price range...that's what I use though.

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Well, I open with a money trick. By asking if they like money. Then, if they have time Ill ask if they would like to see a card trick.

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
Panic is a great opener because they can understand what happens even if they have never seen a magic trick before in their life

distortion to me seems to work better when you do a few tricks before so that they believe you can do magic (and not just a trick card)

plus you need more audience management for distortion (having done a few tricks before hand is a good way to build that management)

hope this helps!
p.s. just my opinion please dont be a jurk about my opinion (i dislike how that happens here!)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results