'Beyond Secrets' or 'Beyond Deception'

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Hey everyone,

I need a little help. Im looking to buy some more magic books and I was having a hard time choosing between Beyond Secrets by Jay Sankey and Beyond Deception by Tobias Beckwith? I dont think this is one of those situations where I need to state my experience level and stuff but for the record, its 1 and a half years into magic.

I've looked up reviews for both but Im really having a hard time deciding

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

- Jenai

May 19, 2010
I don't have Beyond Deception but Beyond Secrets was a great book. It had everything I was looking for to take my magic to the next step. Certain things I found helpful were the sections on how to practice and how to connect to your audience. It is a really quick read too.

Hope this helps.

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Thanks Adam!

I appreciate your help. I might go with Beyond Secrets since I heard that Beyond Deception has many 'excercises' that involve two people and since I dont really have any good friends who are magicians, I dont think it'd be a good idea to get that. But im still considering it.

Thanks again.

- Jenai

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm not going to steer you wrong here...you will want both so buy both. I own both and both books are fantastic! Plus neither is that expensive. If you cannot buy both right now, go with Beyond Secrets as I enjoyed that one a tad bit more.

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Thanks Rick. I'll try to squeeze them both in my budget but I'll probably buy Beyond Secrets right now and get Beyond Deceptions next time.

I really appreciate your help :)

Thank you.

- Jenai

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results