Beyond Secrets - Sankey

Mar 26, 2008
Los Angeles
This is my first review so go easy on me. This is the review for jay sankeys beyond secrets. 181 pages of greatness. Cheapest price to buy it that i found is at http://sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48050

Content- The information in the book is awsome. If you want to get some good tips on patter, marketing, practicing,performing etc... then this is a great book. On the other hand if you're looking for some tricks then dont buy this book because it doesnt have any. Its all about presentation/theory. Jay gives some good tips on all the catagories above, some that will fit you and some that wont it all depends on the person.

layout- I didnt really like the layout of the book. It jumps from scripting to marketing to practicing then back to marketing then scripting,its not organized. i would rather have it all in chapters, example; scripting chapter and all the info about scriping in that chapter. It would just make things easier.

Overall-I loved this book. So many good tips that will help a lot. For like 20 bucks its AWSOME, since books are usually like 40 bucks these days. Definitaly a bang for your buck. Id probably recommend it to a begginer-intermediate. Its also really easy to read and jay throws in some funny little lines too. So i would probably give it a 9/10. Hope this helped.Peace

-Arman

I agree totally. Sankey's views on arts in general is intresting and everyone can benefit from reading about it. Even if you don't like Sankey's brand of magic , the essays are thought provoking, and the arguments are intelligent and well founded.

I highly recommend it.

May 23, 2009
I am a big sankey fan. I find that you can rework his material easily to suit your style.
I really like his book. Sankey has a tremendous amount of experience and I believe he really understands how to create magic that laymen enjoy.

I thought the layout was appropriate because the book is a collection of short essays. It makes great bathroom reading! I would suggest the book to any magician that wants to hone their act.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results