Bicycle 125's

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles
Got my Bicycle 125's today. They feel great right out of the box. The feel and finish is much like a regular deck of Bicycle Rider Backs, but the artwork and attention to detail on the 125's is great. All the pips have an old school vintage feel to em, as well as the larger court cards. You get one joker from 2010 and one joker from 1885. I would have loved to have seen two 1885 jokers, but I understand why the two different ones.

I think the backs look great, and there is a very subtle one way design to em as well. Would love to see the 125's in a marked deck. However, I feel since USPCC has changed a lot of the guidelines with gaff cards and marked decks...this might never happen. One can dream.

I plan to buy more of these when they hit the shelves in December/January.

Pick some up for a nice elegant deck of cards!!

-JOSH

Jan 13, 2008
Just a note, you can probably make your own marked deck with them (assuming the design allows you to do so). I've yet to find a deck (that I would use in performance) that I haven't been able to set up a marking system for. On that note, you may want to check out Daniel Madison's Blood marking system. While this deck specifically wouldn't be covered, it shows the method for marking numerous types of decks, which would give you an idea for how to mark almost any deck. :)

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles
CM...
I totally hear what you're saying...
I picked up BLOOD by Madison a while back, and just wasn't impressed by it. Without exposing much, I felt it was very noticeable under certain lighting conditions. I also felt they couldn't stand up to a spectator wanting to examine them.

I have a couple of marked decks that I use quite often that come printed that way. They are beautiful, easy to read, and they have stood up to any spectator that has wanted to examine them. I've even been questioned about the use of a marked deck before, and was able to hand them over and let my spectator examine to his heart's delight. Nothing was ever found.

Thanks for the tip though, I just feel like a homemade marking system is never as good as the one's printed that way.

Let's get back to how great the 125's are. A serious great looking deck of cards!!

-JOSH

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results