Bicycle Guarantee Card

One of my favorite card effects to perform with a Joker card is Unshuffling Rebecca. Unfortunately the Bicycle company no longer prints the guarantee card in new printings of their standard bicycle cards. Any idea why this is and how I can get more guarantee cards? Also what other effects are there that utilize the guarantee card?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Does T11's Rider Back decks have the old Guarantee card? What about Tally-Ho cards?

There is a routine in Roberto Giobbi's Confidences called "Guaranteed!" which uses the guarantee card in a fun way.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
T11 Bikes and Tallys are NEW stock from USPC, so the jokers inside match the current printings at USPC.

As to why they don't exist? Not needed anymore. The guarantee cards advertised an old, no longer frequently used defect replacement method. They wanted you to return the AoS and the defective card by mail to USPC. Today? Shoot them an email with a photo of the defect, and you are all set. Today's consumers, with access to the internet everywhere they go, don't need to be told this up front. They can simply Google USPC and get an email address. There was no practical need for this card at all anymore (except in niche cases like magicians who use it). USPC probably preferred the look of the other joker, so it was changed.

// L

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
That means that I can sell my stock of old Cincinnati Rider Back decks at a real premium!

There is DEFINITELY a market for those. There is a whole segment of people who swear that all decks produced on old USPC machines are in every way superior to the "poor quality" decks produced on newer machines. In reality, quality on the new machines exceeds anything we ever saw from the old. Some people just prefer the feel of the older decks, or prefer the old school touches like the guarantee card or old box.

The old 808 deck has been replaced by the new 808 Standard deck, which has the less appealing box. We sell the new 807 deck, which is the new cards in a box that looks like the old 808 box, but says Erlanger, KY.

// L

Reactions: RealityOne
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results