Bicycle Heritage Series :: limited edition

Jul 21, 2012
Hi, I have seen (and being part of) the Red Cellars fever. It's an absolutely piece of art, no doubt about it. But I think one of the main reasons people bought them so quickly is because it's a limited edition, despite we still don't know how many decks were made.

However, I don't see the same rush for buying the Bicycle Heritage Series, despite it is also limited edition and even knowing that only 5,000 sets are available. Those cards have very beautiful and have a nice classic designs. So my question is: Are we underestimating the Bicycle Heritage Series as a rare and collecting item? Was the rush for the Red cellars based in the deck itself (artistic design of box and cards, handling, etc) rather than as a collectible item? Or was it because people think that the amount of Red Cellars printed could be less than 5,000 decks? What is your opinion?

(I hope you can understand my english :))

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
I think it's just a matter of pricing. More people are gonna jump onto one deck that costs $6 as opposed to a four deck set which costs around $20 more. Some people just don't spend that amount of money on cards (of course, true collectors do!) whereas a cheap deck is going to attract a wider appeal from the community, especially when the deck looks awesometacular!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results