Bicycle Playing Cards vs. Bicycle Standards

Nov 4, 2012
Hi everybody,

This is something that I have been wondering about for a while now, does anybody know the difference between Bicycle Playing Cards and Bicycle Standards Cards?
Also, which ones are better for cardistry/card magic?

Thanks!

Aug 16, 2011
Bicycle Playing Cards vs. Bicycle Standards are the exact same thing. The only difference you may be thinking of is the Indexing; there is "Standard" Indexing, and "Jumbo" Indexing. This just has to do with the font size and pip sizes. There is no difference in quality, and are both made exactly the same, just with a different font/pip sizing. See Links below for example.

http://www.bicyclecards.com/products/playing-card/bicycle-standard-index vs. http://www.bicyclecards.com/products/playing-card/bicycle-jumbo-index

Nov 4, 2012
Thanks so much ifanoctopuscouldpalm!

Where I live (Canada), they have Standards Indexing and Jumbo Indexing too. However, they also have Bicycle cards that don't say Standard or Jumbo on the box. All they say is "Playing Cards".
I don't know if they have those where you are though.
I was wondering cause a friend of mine told me that Standards were better for magic "than Playing Cards". He might have just been making stuff up.

Thanks again though!

Aug 16, 2011
They look like Rider Backs, without actually saying it on the box. I would personally get the ones that you pictured over the "Standard" Index, but it also depends if those were made in Kentucky, or Ohio. If you find any cards that were made in Ohio, those would be the better cards to use. Otherwise, they're most likely the same cards, just inside a different labeled box ("Standard" vs "Playing Cards") I personally don't use Bicycles very much, and I'd suggest just picking up a brick of Tally-Ho's, Monarchs, or Blue/Red/Green Crowns for magic/cardistry.

Nov 4, 2012
Why are the ones from Ohio better than the ones from Kentucky?
I honestly don't know all that much about cards themselves. What makes some cards better than others?

Oct 22, 2012
Dover, Tennessee
Why are the ones from Ohio better than the ones from Kentucky?
I honestly don't know all that much about cards themselves. What makes some cards better than others?

Honestly, I am not sure if its true or not, but I heard that the Kentucky factory is newer than the other, and that it makes cards that are too soft to use. They don't have a good "spine" you could say. Go get a deck of new Theory 11, or bicycle cards, and then go get a deck of cards that are really cheap, you'll know which deck is high end immediately. Good cards have a much more superior finish than cheap cards. If you have any cheap decks, you'll notice they almost feel like a piece of cardboard coated with plastic, good for playing cards, absolutely nothing else. Get some good cards, they're incredible, and you'll never go back

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results