Biddle Trick Weirdness?

Oct 30, 2007
Slovenia,Ljubljana
Hy guys

i have a question:

i perform the biddle trick on every day basis....to my friends, people at school and also random people...so i found out a really weird thing....at the very end when i say spread through the cards...they immediately turn over the top card expecting that one to be theirs...

how should i change my patter so that they wouldn't do that...

i ussualy use a regular pattern, with the use of a box(for the 5 cards) or specators hands.

Nov 10, 2007
I perform the biddle trick on a regular basis as well and that always happens to me. Just because they do that does not lower the impact of the effect.
I usually say " Spread through the cards " if they happen to just turn over the top card I usually say " no like this " and then I demonstrate what to do:)
- Donald

Sep 1, 2007
USA
It happens to me all the time...

I just tell them to look through the cards because "I'm not sure if it's still in there"

so they turn the deck upside down and start spreading through until they find the upside down one...

sometimes they keep spreading to see if there are any duplicates :D

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
Yes, this always happens for me, no matter what I say. But since I normally perform for girls (no not for pick ups, just for fun :p [although every now, and then...:D]) after they turn over the top card I say something like "Oh, dear me we have a blonde on our hands". Then I point to somelse and say something like "Can you help her out man, cause I don't have all day". They eat it up. And the little tid bit of humor really doesn't take away from the effect at all either.

One thing I would not suggest is spreading through the cards yourself... at least, not if you are going for the 'extremely fair and clean' look, because I have had someone say that I must have had it in my hand and just slid it into the deck. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps,

-PTG

Oct 21, 2007
just jesture spreading through cards with your hands, then the spectator will get the idea to spread through the deck and not check the top card, I always do this so I've never encountered that problem.

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
I don't think spectators often turning over the top card is a bad thing at all.
cuz when they realize it's not on top and it's indeed reversed in the middle, this just makes the whole trick 10x stronger.

It's like card to pocket vs card to wallet...OF COURSE card to wallet is stronger.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
Think in the minds of a spectator. That's your first response that it's on top of the deck. It has to be somewhere, i wonder where? It's just a general reaction, don't be too worried about it. It's a minor thing that really doesn't affect the outcome.

-Kevin

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
I have my own version of the biddle trick that has evolved over the years, I have personally never had this happen. I dont usually tell them to look in the cards either, I generally act as if their card vanishing is the end of the effect. Usually my specs will look through on their own, occasionally I will have gently lead them in that direction. How exactly to you guys tell them that it is in the deck. If anyone needs help ask, Im pretty well versed in this effect.

Sep 20, 2008
Israel
What I do, I learnt this from a good friend, is go through the "five" cards and name them, flashing maybe the first one or two, then pick up the next one and call it their card, but not allow them to see it's a different card. I then pretend to palm it in a very clear palming motion, and make it "disappear" and then turn my hand over and do a throwing motion towards the deck, and gesture.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
That's odd. I perform the biddle trick several times a week and I have never ran into this problem. I've changed my patter several times over since I started performing it but I still never run into this. Usually I say "spread through the cards face down and we'll see what you find."

Sep 1, 2007
I don't perform this effect as I am a mentalist. However, I imagine a simple "spread through the cards and look for one upside down in the middle" wold work.

Jul 21, 2008
Finland
This is one of my favourite impromptu effects. After i "vanish" their card i ask them to turn over the deck and speard. They see one card upside down and they dont look at the top card...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results