bikes vs. tallys

bikes v tallies

• Total voters
Jan 30, 2011
so me n my friend have very opposing ideas about these cards. i love tally ho and he loves bikes. my thoughts are that bikes wear down easily and that even after four months my fanbacks fan as good as his new bikes and that bicycles keep crimos in them forever if you get a bad one. i was wondering what everybody thinks. not to settle a dispute. just for opinions. and also if you think me and him should have a fist fight over it soon. thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 11, 2010
California
I prefer the old tally's over the bikes, I cannot say anything about the new tally's because I haven't handled them but from what I heard the new ones aren't that great. Ill being going down to the Magic Apple win like 2 weeks so I'll be giving the new tallys a test. =)

The old tally's lived alot longer then any bikes that I have owned so I tend to lean to tallys more than bikes.

Jan 30, 2011
I prefer the old tally's over the bikes, I cannot say anything about the new tally's because I haven't handled them but from what I heard the new ones aren't that great. Ill being going down to the Magic Apple win like 2 weeks so I'll be giving the new tallys a test. =)

The old tally's lived alot longer then any bikes that I have owned so I tend to lean to tallys more than bikes.

same here. i recieved the new tallies. i think.it was confusing cuz the box said ohio. bu the joker said kentucky. they arent that bad. but they do feel kinda different.

Feb 4, 2008
I guess I would say Tally-Ho...though just by a hair. On the other hand there are some cards that have been printed on Tally-ho stock that are simply outstanding! Propogandas, Bulldogs to name two.

Jan 20, 2009
California
i noticed that most people are familar with bikes so when i do gigs
i use bikes, i tried to us tallys and did get questioned about them
so i stoped using tallys at paid gigs but i do perfer the feel of tallys
so thats what i use around magicians of just to practice.

Apr 4, 2011
I never handle the new Tally, but i do stock up a dozen of it every 6 months, yet to run out of stock now. As for paid gigs, i ll use bikes though, due to the reason of most of the gaff cards are being made in bikes.

Apr 8, 2011
Bicycle! Certainly Bicycle. Not only can you get some very cool gaff decks for Bicycle cards, but they are internationally known to spectators who don't understand cards like a real card player does. Everyone knows a bicycle deck is just a normal deck, but when I use tally's people very often think i'm using a real gaffed deck.

Oct 17, 2010
Athens, Greece
In my opinion Bicycle decks are for magic and Tally-Ho are for flourishes. Not that you can't use them the opposite way, but Bicycles as ♠AceofSpades♠ mentioned have tones of gaffs to use and look more common to laypeople while Tally's have (in my opinion always) better handling and durability.
I would also have to respectfully disagree with mehar, you may bay absolutely right but in my hands each deck feels different. It may be just me.
In the end even though i prefer each deck for different purpose, i think that it's all down to each ones's personal needs and taste.

ps Sorry for any mistakes but english are not my primary language

Jan 30, 2011
In my opinion Bicycle decks are for magic and Tally-Ho are for flourishes. Not that you can't use them the opposite way, but Bicycles as ♠AceofSpades♠ mentioned have tones of gaffs to use and look more common to laypeople while Tally's have (in my opinion always) better handling and durability.
I would also have to respectfully disagree with mehar, you may bay absolutely right but in my hands each deck feels different. It may be just me.
In the end even though i prefer each deck for different purpose, i think that it's all down to each ones's personal needs and taste.

ps Sorry for any mistakes but english are not my primary language

good point man. each deck deff feels different. and of course. everybody has different preferences. i do generally use bikes for practicing magic and tallys for flourshes.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results