Bill Abbotts Smart Ass - Review

Sep 2, 2007
Canada Toronto
Well i am proud to be the first to review this! Ha always wanted to do this!

Effect- A card matches the card your sitting on.

Where to buy- Bill Abbott

I have mixed feelings about this. I will deffently use it, but was it worth 60 bux? Well yes and no. If you like Bill Abbotts style, you get 4 different scripts you can use. Some for adults, some for kids, some funny, some serious.

What you get?
A 40 minute DVD featuring Bill Abbott himself, performing and explaing all the parts of smart [edited]. You also get a jumbo backed card and and special heavy duty gimmicked deck.

Quality
Top notch for quality! DVD well produced and special deck made great!

Teaching
The teaching is very good from Bill. He goes through everything, extra props you may need for certian routines and where to get them, Very nice on the teaching! There is also an interview with him at the end about smart [edited]! He teaches other ways of performing this aswell, Like if you dont want to throw the cards all over the stage, he covers unique ways for this problem, which i will use!

Diffuculty
This is super easy. Once you learn it, practise the 'move" 50 times (super esay) and your set...Well you have to get the patter down. But the trick itself is very easy and the spectator does all the work.

The Scripts
This is probably one of the main reasons you are going to buy this effect, cool routine with an audience tested script. Well, I thought the scripts were alright. Theres 2 kinda funny ones..meh on the funny...one more serious and one about a princess?! There are some lines i will use in the scripts and most of the jist of them, but change it in some areas.

Pros
Scripts can be used
An effect i will deffently use and i can see getting good reactions
COmes with almost everything you need
can be done on stage
Deck will lat a long time

cons
A litle expensive
You have to throw cards around stage...clean up (options not to though)

Overall
This is pretty good overall. A little expensive though. I will deffently use this, with possibly my own script and a little of Bill's. If you like Bill's style, and would love a script from him...actually 4! Go for it! Since i thought the scripts were only alright, I think it should have been priced at $40, but then agian if you will use the scripts 60 for sure! i will give it a 7.5, as it is simple, but hits hard! Packs flat, plays very big!

Oct 11, 2007
is the deck really gaffed? Meaning if the deck does get messed up, am i going to be spending another 50 bucks /at penguin, to be getting the trick all over? or is it possible to use a regular deck?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results