Bill Malone

Oct 31, 2007
I have been watching Bill Malone lately and he has grown to be one of my favorite magicians around. I absolutely love what he does and even when I know his methods, his performance and use of his skill just absolutely astound me. I'm sure a lot of you own some material of Bill Malone's and I just want to know: What do you guy's think? Is it worth having? Do you use a lot of his materials? I'm mainly a card man, is that pretty much what all of his material involves? Thanks for all of your responses!

Orin10
Edit: Sorry this should be in product probably... Thought I was there already...

Sep 1, 2007
Missouri, USA
If you are willing to dedicate time to mastering certain techniques and plan to take magic to at least a semi-professional level, then definitely look into his material. Even if you only fit one of those two, go for it. His material is definitely top notch, and sometimes a bit demanded of the fingers. It's strong, thoroughly detailed and tested work filled with presentation and further ideas. He has great advice for everything, from actual technique to getting and keeping jobs. If you can't tell, I'm also a great fan of Bill Malone. I recommend it fully.

Peace
:)

May 16, 2008
Pittsburgh
Bill Malone is also one of my favorite magicians.

His DVDs contain a lot of his own versions of classic card tricks.

He teaches a three card monte routine, an invisible palm routine, a cups and balls routine, ACR etc. as well as some of his own material such as Sam the Bellhop (my personal favorite)

His DVDs also focus on being a professional magician.

There are previews on youtube of the material on his DVDs On the Loose and Here I go again

If you're into them then by all means go for it. I highly recommend them

-Kevin

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
Bill malonje is Super boring and he likes to spew a lot of MouthGarbage(love that word)

Boring? How can you say that watch one of his performances, he literally almost always has his audience in tears! He can work any crowd. Bill Malone is one of the greatest performers alive. He has phenomenal sleight of hand skills, on top of that he can perform. He might be boring to you but I am sure most people will disagree with you. I ask, how do you find him boring?

D

Deleted member 2755

Boring? How can you say that watch one of his performances, he literally almost always has his audience in tears! He can work any crowd. Bill Malone is one of the greatest performers alive. He has phenomenal sleight of hand skills, on top of that he can perform. He might be boring to you but I am sure most people will disagree with you. I ask, how do you find him boring?

Namie I'm pretty sure is against patter.... Whatever. Her opinion.

Bill Malone is awesome. I have to agree.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
You will learn a helluva lot both from his teaching and performance - in fact I would say that his tips on audience management and entertainment are worth more to the serious magician than the tricks themselves.

That doesn't mean that the tricks aren't good either - the tricks are mostly absolute gold. I own all of Malone's DVDs and used material from them at gigs many a time and it kills. There's also the aspect of creativity - studying material as well constructed as this gives you ample tools to apply to your own creative process.

Bill Malone! Bill Malone! Bill Malone!
David.

Of course, its a shame about all the patter, presentation and comedy. I just wish the old fart would shut up and do some fancy cuts - you know, real magic...

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
I learned the majority of the false cuts / shuffles I know from Bill Malone's original "Sam The Bellhop" video. BJ (Bueno) has told me some interesting stories about him. Hilarious performer. Great magician.

Sam The Bellhop is what got me into cards. His Zarrow shuffle is unbelievable. My Favorite Opener is one of my favorite tricks ever. Makes me wish I was dorky instead of stupid looking so I can get away with his jokes "You should really be in 3-D." If I could get away with that line I would use it. His advice in his "On The Loose" dvds is some solid advice. it really helped me out. Bill is one of the magicians I would love to meet. He really brought a fun spin to close up magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results