BioKinesis By Berk Eratay

May 9, 2008
Looks nice, but they only last 6-12 months after being opened, whether you use them or not. Would not be bad for Halloween though!!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
It's not an E creation, and it's also not being sold in the US due to laws regarding the gimmick.

This effect was performed on Mind Freak season II or III I think. The problem is, as pointed out, theatrical contacts aren't a new thing. People know about them, and I doubt even with a good performance you'll be able to achieve magic with it. Perhaps shock the hell out of someone but that's not magic.

Also I'm willing to bet anything that the err "gimmick" being sold is not prescription, therefore isn't made to fit the individuals eye. Generic over the counter err "Gimmicks" can be more painful and harder to use/ get used to than prescription gimmicks.

I think it's a creative idea. I give it props for shock value, but it looks like practicality and safety went right out the window.

In the end we're left with another over priced priced one shot wonder idea from Ellusionist. Sometimes I wonder if they produce DVD's just to get another on the market and pimp their own team of magicians more.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
This effect was performed on Mind Freak season II or III I think. The problem is, as pointed out, theatrical contacts aren't a new thing. People know about them, and I doubt even with a good performance you'll be able to achieve magic with it. Perhaps shock the hell out of someone but that's not magic.

Also I'm willing to bet anything that the err "gimmick" being sold is not prescription, therefore isn't made to fit the individuals eye. Generic over the counter err "Gimmicks" can be more painful and harder to use/ get used to than prescription gimmicks.

I think it's a creative idea. I give it props for shock value, but it looks like practicality and safety went right out the window.

In the end we're left with another over priced priced one shot wonder idea from Ellusionist. Sometimes I wonder if they produce DVD's just to get another on the market and pimp their own team of magicians more.

Er, as I just said, it wasn't made by Ellusionist. It was made by Inner Mind Productions, and Marc Spellmann does some of the teaching, I believe. From what I've read, Berk has worked with an optometrist to develop safe and comfortable gimmicks. They're not plain theatrical lenses, they've supposedly got some special design that allows the effect.

If used as 'Look, I can change the color of my eyes!' then I'm sure the first thought will be 'colored contacts'. However, I think we can all agree that such a use would be the least creative way to use this particular effect. If, however, it's used to add to something else, a further convincer if you will, then I think it'll be a really nice touch.

Perhaps you are right Christopher. After all it's really hard to completely pan an effect without giving it a proper read/listen through. However I'm still going to be cautious about this one. I think my jury is still out until I get a chance to see it for myself.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm going to be holding off on it, too, but I have several ideas of how I could use it to really enhance a show I've been fiddling with in my head.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I really like this effect even though it, as everyone said, wont be that amazing to the normal audience.
I feel that it is overplayed by the fact that they used white. If it was just a color tad off your normal eye color, it would work quite nice. Brown eyes suddenly going pale or what not would be able to pull off... in my opinion...
But other than the whole... I can tap into a new state of mind sort of thing... I dont really know how else you can use it. Kind of bugs me that you can't perform it with normal color contacts... if thats what they say. A normal pair is like... 20 dollars? ish?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I really like this effect even though it, as everyone said, wont be that amazing to the normal audience.
I feel that it is overplayed by the fact that they used white. If it was just a color tad off your normal eye color, it would work quite nice. Brown eyes suddenly going pale or what not would be able to pull off... in my opinion...
But other than the whole... I can tap into a new state of mind sort of thing... I dont really know how else you can use it. Kind of bugs me that you can't perform it with normal color contacts... if thats what they say. A normal pair is like... 20 dollars? ish?

These are, supposedly, designed with the effect in mind. There will be other colors later, but for now he just went with white.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
As I understand a young man used these "shields" along with blood tears last year, and won one of the bigger competitions in Europe... sorry, I can't recall names or places but I've heard feedback from those that were there.

I've very interested in this technology so it could be used in my Seance work... having my eyes go black as I begin to channel an entity is just too priceless when you consider how popular an effect it's become on Tv and the many Vampire or alien type programs.

If anyone hears of this sort of thing becoming available in the U.S. please let me know.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
As I understand a young man used these "shields" along with blood tears last year, and won one of the bigger competitions in Europe... sorry, I can't recall names or places but I've heard feedback from those that were there.

I've very interested in this technology so it could be used in my Seance work... having my eyes go black as I begin to channel an entity is just too priceless when you consider how popular an effect it's become on Tv and the many Vampire or alien type programs.

If anyone hears of this sort of thing becoming available in the U.S. please let me know.

I think, and don't quote me because I'm certainly not an authority, that you could order it from an overseas company if you live in the US. I think. That's what I'm going to try, at least, because I have so many ideas of how to use this effect.

Just saying I learned how, or at least stumbled upon, my own method for this. However, due to new laws in place, which is a very very good thing since people can ruin their eye sight using contacts, I have not been able to buy a set of contacts. Also, 20 dollars for cheap ash ones. The good quality contacts usually cost around 60-200 dollars and if you want to do full scallera lenses expect to pay 150+ depending on where you buy from.

I really want these.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results