Black Ghost Deck 2nd Edition Thoughts

Jan 11, 2008
As many of you may know the 2nd edition black ghost deck will be released the 22 of April.

I just wanted to hear some of your thoughts about this up coming release.

Also I want to hear your thoughts about the rare 1st edition black ghost deck and how the new 2nd edition will affect it.

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
the people that paid $100+ for a 1st edition black ghost are being cheated with something probably the same quality for $6-$7

If i bought a black ghost for $100+ i'd be super mad right now.

Nov 17, 2007
I bought a Black Ghost for 230 dollars a while ago. When I heard there was gonna be a second edition, I sold mine quickly so I didn't lose so much money. =) I'm not that interested in the Black Ghost anymore. It will come, and I will look but walk by. =P

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
i think its going to be trash
the best looking black deck is by far shadow masters
there is no competition
black ghosts are shadowmasters except only in black and white
they look bland
and not at all cool
i dont understand how they got people to pay 100 or even 6 bucks for them
they have a really strong hype machine over there
dont wait for 22nd get some shadow masters

Feb 2, 2008
there is no competition
they look bland
and not at all cool

I loved the shadow masters first time i got them
I still love how they handle, one of the best handling decks.

But the detail on the faces became too much for me and i eventually got sick of it
Its overdone IMO, too much going on at once with the all the colors and the shading

Still pick these up if you want to handle some of the best cards in the world

At the moment I must say I'm a little "Black Decked out". The only reasons why I purchased the Shadow Masters because of the rave reviews, and they looked very cool. And I must say they handle very well.

I bought the Centurions because they have a great new back design, Ace of Spades, Jokers etc. And are overall a very amazing looking deck.

But, the Black Ghost's don't really bring anything to the table for me. The backs look like the Shadow Masters, and the only difference is the Jokers. I will eventually buy a deck or 2 to see how they handle but, for now I'll let these pass.

-RA69

Jan 11, 2008
there is no competition
they look bland
and not at all cool

I agree that shadow master are the best looking black deck out there but i have a black ghost 1st edition and i dont know if i should sell it because of the 2nd edition.

Custom Decks have stopped appealing to me. There just a deck of cards with a different colour. I dont see why people hype them up so much. I wont be getting a deck, believe it or not. And improvement? Well IMO, improvements are different with everyones opinion.

Remember, in the end, there just a deck of cards.

Cheers, Tom

Jan 11, 2008
Custom Decks have stopped appealing to me. There just a deck of cards with a different colour. I dont see why people hype them up so much. I wont be getting a deck, believe it or not. And improvement? Well IMO, improvements are different with everyones opinion.

Remember, in the end, there just a deck of cards.

Cheers, Tom
you make a good point but custom decks are better quality than regular decks so they are better for magic and so on!

Mar 29, 2008
A few comments:

First, I think it sucks that these company make these "rare" decks, then see $ and open up the market again to sell a them. I see this happen in magic often, and it bothers me. It takes away the special nature of the deck - and is the same reason items that were once considered valuable have little or no value now. Trading cards, comics, and other nerd collector items, haha.

Second, What happened to variety - hmmm, ellusionist just released a new deck...guess what colour it is....WRONG *****, it's a shade. Black and white...nope...white and black...aww, you guessed it...but they have hit every combination of black and white that exists...oh siht, let's change the backs and start again. They are on to us man!!! What do we do? I got it - let's reprint Bikes...but say they are like Tally Ho's...oh, that will get em. Now what....****, I don't know - back to black again - it's all we got. How about some colour boys? There is a virtual UNTOUCHED rainbow out there - patent pending...why not some colour.

I commend Theory11 for offering different decks - I was worried for a bit after the back to back black decks...but with the Wynn's and Split Spades - the variety is appreciated.

However, I say this as a collector - as only red and blue bike's are ever needed - but that is another post and another debate. Thanks.

Apr 20, 2008
Personally, I like black cards but I loved how the white ghosts had those outlines on the pips. I think black ghosts are going to be my favourite.

However I still love the shadow masters but after a few months of looking at them, the gradients are getting a bit blah to me.

Just my thoughts =)

`Eva

Mar 16, 2008
Melbz
Custom decks just add new flavour to performances but sometimes specs suspect its a 'trick deck'

They look sweet as for flourishing/manipulation though. If you're into magic, stick to regular looking decks that people are somewhat used to seeing to really enhance the magica!

Personally, I'm not buying into this Ellusionist craze... so not worth it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results