Blind: First Thoughts/Review

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Im sure all of you have seen Blind in the 1-on-1 section by now. I will break the trick down to Before,During,and After you do the effect.

BEFORE:

Now before you start the effect one deck needs a set up and it should take less then one minute and you can't do it in the in front of the spectator.

Also you can borrow the deck but as a said you need a minute alone with them which will render the borrowing part useless in most citations.

DURING:

The whole trick literally has two moves none of which are hard.

There is one move that some of you might find risky, it is not at all. I do this move in a few of my tricks you will not get caught.

AFTER:

My biggest problem with this trick. You will have to clean up and it will be a pain in the ass. One deck can't be inspected. And it will be hard to clean up in front of someone. Possible? yes. Easy? no.

VIDEO:

The video was shot in HD and is in the new style of videos form Theory11 edited by Andrei and not Dana. Also DM doesn't teach you how to clean up your mess (in terms of cards.) Which will be a challenge for most.

SUMMARY:

The trick is a great effect if you don't mind the hard clean up and short set up.

Since they didn't teach how to clean it up I will knock off 1 point. Another 1 point for the set up.

Which will leave the trick with a Drumroll please......

7/11

Go buy this trick now you will like it.

-Michael

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
I've done it twice for family and friends and they were floored. Yes it fools spectators, even the ones who know some of the methodology from watching a lot of magic.

I don't know why such a big deal is made of the clean-up. The set up, I understand, could be near impossible to do in front of a spectator, but the clean-up is a breeze for anyone who knows even a little about card magic. These are not concerns, just buy it, use it, love it. Your spectators will.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Will this really fly by a spectator? I think it's quite obvious to a magician but will the spec be fooled?

Yes I have performed this effect 5 times at a party and once at dinner with my family tonight, it kills. Of course you have to work on patter, I was fooling around with patter before I bought the trick to make sure it fit in with my standard routine. Thats when you get big reactions.

-Michael

Jan 18, 2009
Setting up is very simple imo, if you have any misdirection skills then you can do this. Also the clean up is very simple also it is just a little bit of misdirection and that is about it.

Think about different possibilities to this trick, I use this then go into PK Sounds or Touch and it's great.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Setting up is very simple imo, if you have any misdirection skills then you can do this. Also the clean up is very simple also it is just a little bit of misdirection and that is about it.

Think about different possibilities to this trick, I use this then go into PK Sounds or Touch and it's great.

Are you delusional? There is no way to set up in front of a spectator no way.

-Michael

Jan 28, 2009
yeah what you do is you attatch some invisible thread to the spectators card and pull it really hard into yours on a pully system so fast the spectator can't see. Then while you do a little dance you distract them allowing you to look at it. THEN you secretly change your card for that one by more misdirection.

Seriously though, there is no gimmick involved. 2 ordinary decks of cards.

I use this and I love it. It has never failed me, and I have -never- had anyone want to examine the decks. Because there is no obvious move in the performance, and the nature of the trick involves spreading both decks, no one thinks its possible for a set up to happen, and what's more, they don't think it would matter with a deck set up because of the nature of their completely free choice.

The clean up is irrelevant. If you're worried about ending clean in every trick you perform you miss out on a bunch of really good tricks, lol.

Could you set this up in front of a spectator? to a point yes, you probably could, but you would still need to have done some of the set up before you got to the spectator....thus meaning you may as well do -all- of the set up. Once again though, I've never had anyone call me out on a set up deck either. All I've ever had with this trick and I've performed it -lots- are fantastic reactions. IMO its simple, and its effective and is D+M at his best.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
This is a good solid effect - Very easy to do, very direct. I think it's great.

You could quite happily set up in front of a spectator, one on one anyway, you'd need to be a bit more careful with several people, I wouldn't bother though; just have your set up deck in your pocket and the normal deck that you're performing with will be the spectator's deck.

D.

Oct 22, 2008
This is a good solid effect - Very easy to do, very direct. I think it's great.

You could quite happily set up in front of a spectator, one on one anyway, you'd need to be a bit more careful with several people, I wouldn't bother though; just have your set up deck in your pocket and the normal deck that you're performing with will be the spectator's deck.

D.

Yah usually I'm just like "you know what heres the deck you take it" than i take out the set up on and i use that one. I've done this billions of times and seriously never been caught. :D

Jan 28, 2009
Yeah. Pick up the deck and put it in your pocket and start a new trick with the spectators deck.

Done.

I've performed this at least 100 times and it has -never- got me busted.

Ending clean isn't the be all and end all guys.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results