Blind Shuffling (False Shuffling)

Nov 11, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
When doing a complete deck false shuffle, I've got a problem/question. After riffle shuffling, and after the "sqaure up", when I'm stripping the packet out to be cut back onto the top, there is a very large amount of resistance, i.e. the packet pulls out cards from the other packet, or, more commonly, a couple of cards get stuck in the other packet. I hope that's clear enough, but anyone who knows how to do this should be able to decipher my ramblings. Any tips, suggestions etc? I'm assuming a newer deck would slide more easily, but how bout with an slightly older deck. Thanks in advance.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hold the ends loosely. I think your problem is that you're squeezing the sides a bit too hard. Loosen the grip and it should strip out much more easily.

Aug 31, 2007
California
When doing a complete deck false shuffle, I've got a problem/question. After riffle shuffling, and after the "sqaure up", when I'm stripping the packet out to be cut back onto the top, there is a very large amount of resistance, i.e. the packet pulls out cards from the other packet, or, more commonly, a couple of cards get stuck in the other packet. I hope that's clear enough, but anyone who knows how to do this should be able to decipher my ramblings. Any tips, suggestions etc? I'm assuming a newer deck would slide more easily, but how bout with an slightly older deck. Thanks in advance.

With an older deck, make sure your hands are not dirty, always wash your hands very thoroughly. You do not want to squeeze to hard, because it will cause the exact problem you are having. As you stated, try using a newer deck as well.

Keenan

Nov 11, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
Many thanks, but at the same time, the strip feels more difficult when I'm gripping loosely. I guess this begs another question: which direction should I strip the packets? One back and one forward, straight away from each other and then forward, or some other way? I guess I'll play with it a little more. Thanks for the tips.

Jan 21, 2008
Vero Beach FL
Dont try to riffle 1 for 1 and have an exact shuffle riffle in really small blocks not over four or less than two. That way you will have an exact grip on the cards because they are riffled together poorly.

JD

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results