Blindsided by Oz Pearlman :: REVIEWED

Sep 8, 2007
I promised you guys a review, so, here it is:

Where to Buy: http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1655
Cost: 9.95 USD

.:The Review:.

Intro: Blindsided is amazing, I really like it. There are certainly much more pros than there are cons to both the method and effect. It is most definitely suited for street, bar, restaurant, and walk-around magic styles. It instantly resets and is very visual to a spectator's eye.

Teaching: Has Oz ever let us down in this section? He's one of magic's best teachers and really does it well. He speaks very clear and understandable throughout the explanation and give alternative methods for some of the harder sleights such as the p@$$. No stone is left unturned.

Another thing I really enjoyed is the fact that Oz explained why the method works and what the spectator's are thinking of during that moment.

Crediting: This is a section in which you don't see during most reviews, but I wanted to throw it in because I believe it is important. From the very start of the explanation, Oz credits the person who helped him come up with the effect name of Blindsided. Not many (if any) magicians take that into account as "important" and I think that really tells something about Oz. He credits sleights and positions also.

The Method: There has been much controversy over how hard the method is and such. Well, I'm goin' to tell it like it is.

The is NOT hard. Yeah, I said it, IT'S NOT HARD TO PERFORM. A certain member of this forum (who will not be named) has stated that it is too hard because of one sleight. That sleight being the p@$$. I will admit, the p@$$ is a very difficult sleight, but have you not heard of the word PRACTICE? Also, while Oz explains this move, he gives an alternative method to it, which EVERY magician can do. Plus, the misdirection is so great at that time that the spectators aren't even paying attention to the deck.

Aside from that, the method is composed of many moves. A little memorization is involved, but trust me, anyone can do it.

Originality: Ahh, gotta love this section. Is it original? NO.

I read on another forum about this product and a member figured out that Blindsided is pretty much the same thing as Daniel Garcia's Nacho Mamma's Triumph, which can be found in his Projects Series Volume 3. Well, he's right. The only difference in the two is that Danny added a triumph routine to his. The set-ups are identical and the moves come in at the same time also.

Closing: Blindsided is certainly worth buying, as long as you don't mind that it's not too original. I strongly suggest you get it.

If you have any questions on anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Brucelee

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I have this one, and is STRONG everyone will be like OMFG.. its visual and direct, I think this one is easier than Nacho Mamma's triumph which is a GREAT routine too, I perform blindsided everytime I can, I dont like some oz pearlman tricks, but I love this one.. I really recommend this :D the method its not as difficult as someone said, like you said man ANYONE CAN DO IT so dont be afraid of the pass..

Sin

Sep 2, 2007
Good review.

I picked up Blindsided not long ago, and I can say that this review is pretty head on.

matthewwhitt2

Elite Member
i still think that if you want this trick you would be better off getting daniel garcia project 3. its the same idea but much better. its more visual because you dont need any misdirection when the deck changes colors. in fact you focus their attention on the deck while it happens.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results