Boon type writers?

Jan 16, 2008
Wroking Overseas
To those of you who actually use a boon type writer, what is the best adhesive to replace the stuff that comes with it? I am getting frustrated with how fast the stickiness goes away. Any advice on what I can use to make it last longer?

Mine has been working for at least a year now and is beginning to kind of die on me. It probably has to do with the quality of it.
To me the substance that came with it is the best, some use Double Sticky Tape though, but i find that getting that to stick is fairly complicated.

The best thing to do would probably be to buy a gallon of magicians wax and replace it after every show.

M.

Jan 10, 2008
To those of you who actually use a boon type writer, what is the best adhesive to replace the stuff that comes with it? I am getting frustrated with how fast the stickiness goes away. Any advice on what I can use to make it last longer?

Office supply stores and dime stores sell this stuff called Fun-Tac or Sticky Tac, it's dirt cheap and is used by many professional mentalist's to adhere Boon-type writers. Most of the tac I've seen is of a blue color but you could find flesh color too, if you look hard enough.

Just out of curiosity, have you experimented with the under-the-nail Swami's yet? Those are smaller than the Boon writers and I personally find them ideal in close-up situations. After discovering those a couple years ago I haven't switched back to the Boon writer's, however, I would if I was doing platform work. In the long run though, it just boils down to what you are more comfortable using.

In any case, I am pleased that you are taking the time to practice nail-writing. It is a very powerful tool. I've given away a lot of business cards with the Swami Opener right out of Corinda's book.

Have fun man!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results