Bottom deal

May 25, 2013
My bottom deal video was taken in both right and left angle
any criticism just say :)
[video=youtube;RhSoIsNMQR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhSoIsNMQR4[/video]
[video=youtube;xzdruXdxLGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzdruXdxLGE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 4, 2010
Your thumb is not moving on the bottom deals, and that grip does not look natural in your hands. Based on your hand and finger size if I were you I'd focus on a bottom deal from a mechanics or full grip. Take note of your natural grip when dealing the aces face up on the table at the beginning of the video - it's that naturalness you want to replicate with your bottoms. On the plus side your rhythm is great which is probably the most important thing aside from the contorted grip.

May 25, 2013
Thank for the advise man, i've try all the grip and found that i cannot do a great deal by using those grip that mean i can only use this kind of grip to execute the move...sorry for my broken English :)

Jun 2, 2013
Your rhythm seems nice, but when when you deal your bottom card, it doesn't look like it comes off the top of the deck.

Aug 18, 2013
It looks pretty bad.
Try to pull the top card flush, lose the Erdnase grip, and try to sail as if you were realy dealing not just in any which way but really into three hands, then make another video in a 6 months to a year (depending on your practice)
and I think it'll look pretty nice.

Sep 27, 2013
It doesn't look the worst mate, but here are a few tips:

If you want to hide the bottom, one of the easiest ways to do it is to bring the deck hand to the deal hand instead of the deal hand to the deck hand. You have the classic "teeter-totter" deal that almost everyone has when they begin false deals. Bringing the deck hand will cure some of that motion. As well, I would try and stick with the standard mechanics grip, as the third finger on the deck hand really helps to bring the card out when you need it. The final tip I can give you is that you want to minimize the finger flutter as much as possible when dealing bottoms. By finger flutter, i'm talking about the deck hand's second, third, and pinkie often moving in an attempt to get out of the way of the bottom card as it's coming out. The way I practice getting rid of that is by deadening them, and instead holding the deck with pressure from the heel of my hand my deck hand third finger.

But I am no expert, man. I would check out Expert Card Technique for some great tips on the bottom deal, as well as Erdnase. Happy dealing!

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Your actual execution is not great but passable. I am seeing two major problems. One, as everyone has said, that grip looks unnatural in your hands. That's because (as we see here) your natural dealing grip is mechanics. I still would agree with everyone here that your better off just taking the set back in practice, and starting over with a mechanics bottom deal, however there is another option besides just ignoring it. Your other option is to change all your Other deals to erdnase grip, that way erdnase grip becomes more natural to your hand, and you don't have any inconsistencies when dealing. Second, I don't know if your learning this move for dealing or for magic, but either way you are seriously lacking in practice when it comes to switching in and out of bottoms. The thing's I immediately noticed: when you take the bottom card you speed up the deal, when you are doing a bottom your hands have a deeper inward tilt, your grip tightens before the deal, the sound of your tops and bottoms is significantly different, finally and most importantly, your don't have any right thumb pushover action when you deal from the bottom. You need to think about correcting each and every one of those inconsistencies, because as it is any one of those is a dead give away. Try listening to your video, eyes closed, you can hear when the bottoms come out. To correct all that stuff, it really is a personal game, but the most important thing to keep in mind is that you can alter your bottom to look like your natural, or you can alter your natural to look more like your bottom. Either way is valid. In my mind the actual execution of the deal is of lesser importance than hiding the action. If they don't even suspect your dealing is amiss in the first place, who the hell is gonna be watching the deck for falses?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results