Bottom Palm vs Gamber's Cop

Jun 5, 2013
Hungary
I first met the Bottom Palm in Biz's download, called ABP and I'm still not fully familliar with the sleight. I want to ask a few thing I don't know about it and it's connection to the Gamber's Cop.
(Note that the questions are not about the download, they're about the Bottom Palm in general.)

What are the differences between the Bottom Palm and the Gamber's Cop regarding their applications? (not the actual plam position)

What are the advantages of the Bottom Palm? (over the Cop)

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
To me, the Gambler's Cop is easier to get into and looks more natural. If I have a card in GC and my hand is at my side, from the front my hand looks empty. It is EXTREMELY convincing from the front. My hand can remain in a totally relaxed and natural position with the palm appearing to be empty. A bottom palm I find to be harder to get into, and also less natural looking. I use the GC much more often as a result, and have much more experience with it.

The GC is a bold move with angle restrictions that can be easily violated if you don't control yourself and your audience. It takes guts to use, but the payout can be huge.

// L

Reactions: Steven Lafitte
Jan 28, 2015
I'm a huge GC fan, in fact sometimes I have to be careful not to over use it. I never used it up until about a year ago but once I started and got comfortable with it, it's my go to hold out. I've even done the GC and handed the deck out to be shuffled with the same hand I have their selected card in! (Hint: Wrist kill!) Yeah, it's ballsy...but as Lyle said, the payout can be huge.

KZ°

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results