Bought the Venom ITR, wondering where else I can find effects that can be performed with the gimmick

Discussion in 'Magic Forum' started by JKell, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Hey guys, I'm a long time browser of the forum but just created an account to ask this question.

As the title says, I recently bought the venom ITR, and am loving it so far. I am very new to ITR but am finding this ITR fairly intuitive to pick up and start performing. However, I am looking to expand my catalogue of tricks with the device, and I don't really know where to start.

I am very interested in some of the effects in the tarantula trailer, specifically the (lifesaver?) candy to mouth levitation, and am wondering if this is possible with the venom? I am also very interested in the effect involving the ring landing on the spectators finger.

Just looking for some clarification and/or suggestions before I purchase something that isn't necessarily compatible with the device.

Thanks in advance!

RickU likes this.
  2. No

The hookup and the device don’t really allow for the ring/lifesaver Levitation you’re after

You need a Fearson hookup

Source: own a Tarantula and bought a Venom

Keo_M likes this.
  3. Hey thanks for the reply man. Do you prefer the tarantula or the venom?

RickU likes this.
  4. They each have their respective strengths

Personally I think the Venom is better because the hookup actually relies on the devices to function whereas the T is reliant on the hookup if you understand my meaning

Basically you can perform the T effects WITHOUT the device - Steve Fearson was already doing many of the effects Mesika does without a device

Keo_M likes this.
  5. I think it was Losander who said at a lecture that the key to a levitation effect is to have the object move with the performer staying stationary. Yes Fearson's Levitation hookup is pretty sweet, but it definitely is enhanced with a little mechanical intervention; ie hands stay in one spot while the object floats to the mouth.

PS

Only familiar with the Tarantula and not Venom.

6. I don't think you can do candy to mouth with venom as the thread in venom doesn't lock as its mechanical

7. I’m going to re evaluate what I said earlier about not being able to perform the Hover Ring and the Lifesaver

After purchasing the Venom - although I haven’t tried it yet...I believe the hookup can be performed with an adjusted single Venom

8. But the thread can’t lock though