Branson, MO

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
Hey guys, wondering if there was any magic shops in or around Branson, Missouri? I'm searching Google, but I'm on a HORRIBLE connection for the next 2-3 days or so. Any help appreciated.

-SM

Sep 1, 2007
Missouri
There's one in Silver Dollar City if you're planning on going there. Other than that, I'm not sure. Also, if you're going through Kansas City, there is a magic shop in the U.S. Toy there. Hope that helps. You can always ask people ask people around here. We're pretty friendly.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
Hey guys, wondering if there was any magic shops in or around Branson, Missouri? I'm searching Google, but I'm on a HORRIBLE connection for the next 2-3 days or so. Any help appreciated.

-SM

Check out Dazzle Magic in the IMAX complex. The same company owns stands in Stealyer Dollar Swiftly -- er, Silver Dollar City -- and Celebration City. I don't know if it's any good; just a place I heard a friend mention.

I'm in Joplin. What's shakin' in BranMo?

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
Check out Dazzle Magic in the IMAX complex. The same company owns stands in Stealyer Dollar Swiftly -- er, Silver Dollar City -- and Celebration City. I don't know if it's any good; just a place I heard a friend mention.

I'm in Joplin. What's shakin' in BranMo?

POOT13: I'm going to SDC tomorrow, I'll check it out.

MoJoe13: Where is the IMAX at? I also found a place on 124 S. 2nd St. called 'It's Magic', I'm going to go there in the mourning. Also, we should try and meet up if possible?

-SM

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
Where is the IMAX at? I also found a place on 124 S. 2nd St. called 'It's Magic', I'm going to go there in the mourning. Also, we should try and meet up if possible?

-SM

I THINK it's near the intersection of Shepherd of the Hills Expressway and 76 on the west side of town. The Internets says the address is 3562 Shepherd of the Hills Expwy. The same company owns Mortimer's Magic Box inside Silver Dollar City. Let me know how it is, as well as It's Magic. There's hardly anything in Springfield, and nothing in Joplin.

My concern is it might not have anything too terribly advanced and a lot of gimmicky stuff. Which is not a bad description of the city of Branson. How long are you down there? My wife and I are packed this weekend, but maybe another time.

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
I THINK it's near the intersection of Shepherd of the Hills Expressway and 76 on the west side of town. The Internets says the address is 3562 Shepherd of the Hills Expwy. The same company owns Mortimer's Magic Box inside Silver Dollar City. Let me know how it is, as well as It's Magic. There's hardly anything in Springfield, and nothing in Joplin.

My concern is it might not have anything too terribly advanced and a lot of gimmicky stuff. Which is not a bad description of the city of Branson. How long are you down there? My wife and I are packed this weekend, but maybe another time.

Ok, I'll try to find it. Also, I'm only here 'till Sunday, just a small vaction.

-SM

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
That's hilarious. I must have passed you guys today. I was dropping some illusions off to a friend & I was at Kirby Vanburch's show tonight.

Its Magic is a great little shop with a friendly staff. They have some "real" stuff if you talk to em a minute - otherwise you'll just get the svengali pitch the tourists get.

The magic shop in SDC is mostly self working and gimmick stuff marked up at premium prices.

The IMAX is at the above directions. Same intersection as Celebration City, but that shop is not much to speak of.

Wow. Branson is packed this week. All the magic shows were having sell out crowds. Have fun in the sweltering heat tommorow. I almost melted today in an airconditioned backstage area.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
My Grandparents' actually live on Table Rock Lake, so I'm in Branson quite a bit for the Summer- just left there today, actually. The magic shops at Celebration City and SDC really aren't that great. In the past, my cousin and I always got season passes to all three parks down there, and I hung out a lot around the magic shops.

They have very few selections- mostly cheap beginner stuff and Gospel magic. The people there aren't very nice, either. Except one of the guys at the Celebration City magic shop is pretty cool.

I've never been to "It's Magic", but I'm going to try to make it the next time I'm down there later this month- supposedly it's an ok shop.

The magic shop here in KC isn't that bad, but I've heard bad things about the people that work there, as well. And just as a warning- the magic shop in US Toy isn't actually *in* KC, it's on State Line Road... about 30-45 minutes from downtown.

I was going to try to get a job at the Celebration City/SDC Magic Shops this Summer, but it didn't work out. Next summer I'm going to try to get a job at either Indian Point, State Park Marina, or Big Cedar, so I can just take the boat to work every morning- cheaper and faster! But, that's off topic...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results