Breaking In a Deck of Cards

Sep 1, 2007
California
How do you guys chose to break in your decks?
How long do you take to break them in?
Any particular methods or fine details you care to share?

I want to know =) I'm sure some of you others also would like to know. Breaking in a deck is very important, not only for flourishing, but magic as well.

Hope to see responses, and let's please not turn this thread into a battleground haha! We're here to share ideas and stuff

-AK

Aug 31, 2007
California
In my experiences, the best way to break in a deck is to:

• Wash your hands thoroughly as to not get your cards dirty.
  • LePaul S Spread (or just regular spread) the cards in all directions. For example, do a few spreads, then turn the deck 180 degrees, then do it again a few times, then flip the deck face up and repeat the process.
  • Riffle every side of the deck (like a thumb riffle, etc.), and exaggerate the riffle quite a bit so you get a nice flick out of the cards
  • Faro the cards, and bridge shuffle them a LOT. (Make sure to do this with the cards not only face up, but face down as well to further break in the cards.)
  • Waterfall all of the cards, with the deck face up and face down as well.
  • Dribble all of the cards a lot
  • SPRING them a lot. This totally helps quicken the process.
  • As Dan and Dave have said in a previous forum thread, you should rub the edges of the deck on your jeans on a fresh deck to smoothen them out.

That's about all that I do to get my new deck broken in.

Remy

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
In my experiences, the best way to break in a deck is to:

• Wash your hands thoroughly as to not get your cards dirty.
  • LePaul S Spread (or just regular spread) the cards in all directions. For example, do a few spreads, then turn the deck 180 degrees, then do it again a few times, then flip the deck face up and repeat the process.
  • Riffle every side of the deck (like a thumb riffle, etc.), and exaggerate the riffle quite a bit so you get a nice flick out of the cards
  • Faro the cards, and bridge shuffle them a LOT. (Make sure to do this with the cards not only face up, but face down as well to further break in the cards.)
  • Waterfall all of the cards, with the deck face up and face down as well.
  • Dribble all of the cards a lot
  • SPRING them a lot. This totally helps quicken the process.
  • As Dan and Dave have said in a previous forum thread, you should rub the edges of the deck on your jeans on a fresh deck to smoothen them out.

That's about all that I do to get my new deck broken in.

Remy

In which post did dan and dave say that?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results