Brian Miller- Contract Killers

So my Friend Brian Miller asked me to write a review for a couple of effects/routines he just recently came out with.
So this is the first one. Contract killers.

Original Spam from http://brianmillermagic.com/Magicians.html :

CONTRACT KILLERS: Just in time for
Halloween, this creepy trick features a
thought experiment in which two
contract killers search out and murder a
chosen card, only to be visually healed
by the magician moments later. Watch
the eerie demo ->

review:

Audio=8
Video=7 (the quality isn’t HD, but it is good enough. the quality is so because of download size and had to be compromised)

Performance: Very Straight Forward. The routine in its self is 3 effects in 1. The routine is based around the idea of hiring someone to kill off another. In this case the 2 jokers are “contract killers” who find a selected card, “kill” it then at the end the card is restored. The performance is quite good and very clear, no stumbling on scripting and the deck is handed out at the end. So all in all it’s a good performance.

Explanation: Brian goes through the trick mechanics and for me it was quite simple and straight forward. You do need some knowledge of how to handle cards and how to do basic slights, but nothing knuckle busting. He also teaches you how to make a gimmick which is very easy to make. The only problem I have had is when using some custom decks (guardians, stingers) because the heart card color is a little darker, so the color may be off, but it still looks nice none the less. Over all the explanation is quite good and I was able to go out and perform this routine later that day (after I had a script down).

Overall: this is a real worker trick, very Sankey like (as he does mention influence in some of his other tricks) But you can actually add this to your line up and use it. No complicated gimmicks or angles, its straight forward ( i like that term) and 100% workable. So my advice, don’t be intimidated by his eyebrows, and get this routine.

Hope that helps. check out the demo and see for yourself!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results