Brian Tudor... where is him now?

Jun 17, 2008
malaysia
i kind of miss this guy suddenly as he is the person who influence me a lot in card flourishing and also he is the one who make me love flourishing. just wondering anyone know where is him now?

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Well...his DVD Show Off 3 sort of gave the impression that he wasn't a big fan of teaching. I'd be surprised if he came out with anything after that

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Brian Tudor openly didn't enjoy what he was doing. His descriptions of the actual moves were impossible to follow so you were basically just watching a frustrated man complain about various things and brag about his many creations. I don't consider that "a character". Look at his previous DVDs, he wasn't the best teacher but he didn't openly insult the student. I don't really care honestly, the only move of his that I use on a daily basis is the One Handed Revolution.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Brian Tudor openly didn't enjoy what he was doing. His descriptions of the actual moves were impossible to follow so you were basically just watching a frustrated man complain about various things and brag about his many creations. I don't consider that "a character". Look at his previous DVDs, he wasn't the best teacher but he didn't openly insult the student. I don't really care honestly, the only move of his that I use on a daily basis is the One Handed Revolution.

I don't think it's feasible for someone to maintain that level of genuine anger throughout the stop-start logistical process of filming a DVD. Either he's genuinely mentally ill and everyone else involved in the production was complicit in exploiting him, or, which is more likely, he was well aware of what he was doing and it was a deliberate presentational ploy. I refer you to Jerry Sadowitz, Bill Hicks, Doug Stanhope, Stewart Lee, and many other performers who've made similar choices. Yeah, it's not likely to appeal to everyone, but I thought it was obviously a character and I found it funny.

Mar 10, 2011
Last I heard he had a cocaine problem. That might explain the agitation in his DVDs. I thought he was a fine teacher judging from his awesome "Heckler" DVD. However, he does do a lot of complaining about the industry.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Brian Tudor was a good teacher up until Show Off 3. I'm not sure what changed him, but he didn't put out the effort.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I don't think it's feasible for someone to maintain that level of genuine anger throughout the stop-start logistical process of filming a DVD. Either he's genuinely mentally ill and everyone else involved in the production was complicit in exploiting him, or, which is more likely, he was well aware of what he was doing and it was a deliberate presentational ploy. I refer you to Jerry Sadowitz, Bill Hicks, Doug Stanhope, Stewart Lee, and many other performers who've made similar choices. Yeah, it's not likely to appeal to everyone, but I thought it was obviously a character and I found it funny.

Kind of an odd character to portray yourself when you are trying to make money by doing instructional DVD's on XCM. It may work for those comedians because they actually seem like they enjoy what they are doing, but from what I've gathered is that Tudor just ended up being a complete tool.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results