Bridge or Poker size?

Aug 25, 2012
Hey guys, as you can see, I am new to this forum. I'm pressure and I'm happy to share the same passion as you.
First of all, I'm practicing since 2 years but I want to put more energy in this so I found this awesome website. I actually bought 2 tutorial and they are incredibly effective :) I would appreciate if you have some advide for me to have a good start in the Cardistry. Any Book recommendation? Thinking about buying '' How to do Street Magic'' , what's your toughts on this DVD?

So here's my question; I don't have really big hand so i'm wondering if i should use bridge or poker sized deck?

In general, what kind of deck is used more often?

Thanks a lot!

Pressure

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 22, 2012
Genesis v1 is a perfect starting point in cardistry. I think their are a couple of reviews of "How to do Street Magic" on here and most people use bicycle playing cards bridge or poker. I personally use Titanium Bicycle playing cards found on here because they handle better and they look more professional and cooler without it looking like a trick deck.

Aug 25, 2012
Thank you very much ArmanMagic for the reply I appreciate :). I was thinking about buying genesis v1 too!! It looks amazing to be honest. It would be a great way to start :)

I also bought some customized decks like the JAQK one but I don't want to burn them so that's why I bought 12 bicycle decks.
But here's my problem: They are bridge size and correct me if I'm wrong but most of the decks used in Cardistry are Poker size deck?

Should i just buy poker size deck or stick to my bridge ( I don't want to get use to this kind of size if I should use Poker size)?

Jan 22, 2012
Most people use poker size but if you truly need the smaller sized cards for cardistry then go for it. Honestly I think people can do cardistry/magic no matter what sized cards you're using. There was this guy at magic con 2012 who had smalls hands but did like super awesome cardistry I'll put a link of the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWRRMGu6mCk
The guy I'm talking about is at 1:23

Jul 8, 2011
And it is better to do magic with poker sized cards because they are most common in non magic life and tend to draw less suspicion.

Jan 22, 2012
And it is better to do magic with poker sized cards because they are most common in non magic life and tend to draw less suspicion.

Do you honestly think real world spectators are going to care what size your cards are? I feel like no spectators go to the magicians and say "let me inspect these cards, they are way smaller than my cards!" If anything they are going to inspect to check for duplicates or gimmicks in the deck. Also having a different back design for cards should not make spectators think its a trick deck, they're just going to be like "Oh that's a really cool deck you there"

Jul 8, 2011
Do you honestly think real world spectators are going to care what size your cards are?
Yes, yes I do. I believe that the more you play to the expectations of the audience the more often you will amaze people. Back design is less important because it is obvious, but deck size is not as readily noticeable, so it will feel the deck is just unusual as opposed to a "really cool deck."

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results