Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Are bridge sized cards an actual solution for people with small hands?
51pdSj5AYhL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
The pass, top palm, bottom palm, one handed shuffle, will seem more difficult to those with less large hands. However the bridge sized cards may fit better than that of a poker sized deck. Therefore may one day become a true worker's deck of cards.
Bridge sized cards are very similar to that of poker sized cards, but the width is much shorter than poker cards. Bridge sized cards are often commercial cards, and one way backed decks. This may seem unprofessional. However, this is not always the case there are 2 way backed decks as well as even bicycle bride decks. The bridges decks come in all varieties from good to bad.
Some people say they practice with bridge sized cards, because they are easier to control. The short width makes it much easier to wrap a small hand around, therefore much easier to manipulate. This raises the question
Can those with small hands perform with bridge sized cards? Bridge cards are easier to manipulate, and even look similar. If you grab a deck of Bicycle bridge sized cards it is highly unlikely that a Spectator will notice a difference. Although some will agree and perform with them ,not every one is quite ready to hop on this bandwagon. Some say it is simply a cheap way out, or easy way out. That a true magician should/can learn to adapt to an actual deck of cards. Some are in the middle. Strictly believing that bridge cards can be used for practicing, but that is it.
Is there even a clear answer? Did this make you lean to one side? What other problems can be solved by this? What other problems can be caused by this. Or was this a complete waste of time? Please leave all thoughts below.

Oct 29, 2017
Norway
Use what you want, don`t let anyone tell you that you are a bad card artist or have to change your preference just because you use Bridge sized cards...if they can`t handle someone using another type of deck that just shows a narrow mind, a lack of understanding and very limited experience.
More often than not, they are the same people that can`t create a single card trick themselves, but whenever they perform their gimmicked trick they take credit for creating it as well

If you grab a deck of Bicycle bridge sized cards it is highly unlikely that a Spectator will notice a difference

Nowadays I prefer poker sized cards, but I live in a country where Poker is illegal so poker sized cards are quite rare here since there apparently is no other reason to have that size cards other than for poker...so ALOT of the time when I am performing, as soon as a spectator picks a card or shuffles the deck, they comment on the fact that these cards feels bigger than what they are used to, so I actually bring a couple of bridge sized cards with me for just such events so I can show them the actual difference, then I explain to them why I prefer poker sized cards.

could be that people in Northern Norway just play alot of cards and are used to the sizes...after all, it`s snow here 8 months of the year and alot of ski/cabin enthusiasts

Reactions: 010rusty
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results