Business Card Feedback

Over the summer I plan on doing a few gigs, and performing A LOT. So I decided to make myself some business cards and a website, (which I haven't started making or bought the domain for), and I was wondering what you guys thought. Too cluttered, missing something? Feedback appreciated.
I'm going to change the picture of me. But other then that I think it's coming along.

Attachments

• Business Card Draft.jpg
    Business Card Draft.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:
The card seems to be crowded with information. Use the other half or move the elements around a bit.

Also, i suggest you find a new picture incase you actually want these to work. Right now you seem like: "Im desperate, if you don't hire me i will be more sadder than i am on the picture".

M.

The card seems to be crowded with information. Use the other half or move the elements around a bit.

Also, i suggest you find a new picture incase you actually want these to work. Right now you seem like: "Im desperate, if you don't hire me i will be more sadder than i am on the picture".

M.

Thanks for the quick response, what information would you recommend getting rid of?

And the picture is just a quick picture I took for the purpose of designing the layout of the card. I'm still not sure what I'm going to be posed as in the final one, this is just a rough draft for the summer.

Nov 8, 2007
Smile in your picture. When people look at your card you want them to think hiring you is going to be a fun event, not a sad serious one. You don't have to be all pearly whites--a sly grin will do if it fits you, but do find a way to communicate energy in your picture.

Also, I'm not sure I'd use a picture of yourself palming a card. Especially if you do palm cards when you perform. Kind of kills the idea that there's a real mystery behind what you do.

Let us know how the final version comes out. Good luck!

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
How old are you? IMO, you look too young to be starting gigs. I went through the same stage when I was 14-15; trying to get gigs at places and all that. But then I realized that quite honestly... people weren't going to want to hire me. A huge majority of restaurants couldn't legally hire me, and without that I had mostly stage venues, which I knew I would be uncomfortable doing at that time. So I'm going to suggest that you sit back and really think about whether or not this is what you want to do.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
How old are you? IMO, you look too young to be starting gigs. I went through the same stage when I was 14-15; trying to get gigs at places and all that. But then I realized that quite honestly... people weren't going to want to hire me. A huge majority of restaurants couldn't legally hire me, and without that I had mostly stage venues, which I knew I would be uncomfortable doing at that time. So I'm going to suggest that you sit back and really think about whether or not this is what you want to do.

so what did you do when you came to this realization that you werent ready?

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Over the summer I plan on doing a few gigs, and performing A LOT. So I decided to make myself some business cards and a website, (which I haven't started making or bought the domain for), and I was wondering what you guys thought. Too cluttered, missing something? Feedback appreciated.
I'm going to change the picture of me. But other then that I think it's coming along.

If you plan on changing the pic then do that first...then add other stuff around it. You don't want too much in one spot after all the words and numbers are on there then you put this pic smack dab in the middle and now you got chaos. You want a focus point that has complementing surroundings.

Hope this helps was an art major in commercial art.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
In the picture you look very sad. You look like a homeless boy who needs money. Ha Ha. You need to change the photo of yourself to look more intriguing or at least smile. I'm glad you noticed this as well.

I also would not be palming the card in the photo. I know others have said this too.
If you want to have a card in your hand it could be levitating or be going up in flames.

Do not worry about how young you are. I wish I was your age when I started. If you have troubles working restaurants I would go the birthday party route. There is a lot of money to be made in kids birthday party gigs.

Try to not clutter the business card. Sometimes simple looks a lot more classy and professional. You may even decide you don't want your picture on there. Maybe some type of symbol or graphic.

I would love to see your finished product posted. Good luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results